Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Released

Raspberry Pi PoE HAT

SPECIFICATIONS

The Raspberry Pi PoE HAT is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. It allows the Raspberry Pi to be powered via a power-enabled Ethernet network.

802.3af PoE
Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
37–57V DC, Class 2 device
5V/2.5A DC output
25mm x 25mm brushless fan for processor cooling
Fan control

PHOTOS

1. HAT
RPi%20PoE%20HAT-527x458

2. HAT INSTALLED
RPi%20PoE%20HAT%20Installed-588x323

I just had 3 delivered.
A little over 2 days is not bad service.

Got mine today, sadly the fresh Piaware image doesn’t work

It could take a week or two for FA to build a new image.

You could download the latest image from raspberrypi.org
Raspberry Pi OS – Raspberry Pi or Raspberry Pi OS – Raspberry Pi
The instructions to burn it to an SD card are the same as for the piaware image.

Get this running then install Piaware on top.

I just downloaded raspbian and ran @jprochazka scripts from https://www.adsbreceiver.net/ with no issues.
also here ADS-B Receiver Project Setup Scripts
He will also need to rebuild his image to support the 3+, however, they install over a new build.

Remote login with PuTTY just saved me a lot of trouble. I formatted an SD and loaded stretch. Then set up remote login from raspi-config but failed to set up my keyboard for US. Then I loaded Piaware and got that configured and running for the site I was replacing.

Everything was great until I went back into raspi-config to set up my keyboard. Total trash and could not locate letters to do anything. Tried remote login and was able to correct whatever I had messed up.

I have formatted and loaded sd cards multiple times and this is a first for me.

Highly recommend setting up and testing remote login before making any keyboard changes unless your language and local prohibit you from doing so. Then remove remote login should you not want to leave it turned on

See link to POE on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DSLRKIT-Active-Splitter-Ethernet-Raspberry/dp/B01H37XQP8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527945452&sr=8-3&keywords=poe+splitter