Questions about documentation of beta API

As I said previously flight can fly twice, thrice at same day with same origin + destination + airline + flight number
So in case you say I will set alert for each flight trip in specific day.

Then you’ll have to wait until it gets a faFlightId and disambiguate it with that.

… practically speaking, it’s probably best to assume you’re going to get a set of push alerts on that date, and only one set of them is going to be for information that you actually need, and make sure your software can accommodate.

Speaking from experience, you’ll want to be sanitizing those inbound push alerts anyways… it’s not unheard of to miss push alerts or get duplicates.

I am interested in endpoint https://flightaware.com/commercial/flightxml/explorer/#op_AirlineFlightInfo.
Will be similar endpoint available in v3 API in future?
And also I want to know what date range covered by this endpoint in v2 API, is it similar to AeroAPI ✈ Version 3.0 - Flight Status API / Flight Tracking API / FlightAware API - Commercial Services - FlightAware where we can request data up to one year into the future

It is available in FlightInfoStatus on the Silver plan. From looking at the data, it will only provide the information for flights that have a flightid, meaning it will only be available a few (2 or so) days before the flight.

AirlineFlightSchedules has the same range capability in v2 and v3.

One more question about Alerts functionality of V2 API.
For example, I have next flight from AirlineFlightSchedules V3 API endpoint:
{
“ident”: “IBE4085”,
“fa_ident”: ,
“actual_ident”: “AAL2295”,
“departuretime”: 1518537600,
“arrivaltime”: 1518550620,
“origin”: “KMIA”,
“destination”: “TLPL”,
“aircrafttype”: “B752”,
“meal_service”: “”,
“seats_cabin_first”: 0,
“seats_cabin_business”: 16,
“seats_cabin_coach”: 160
}
This flight does not have faFlightID yet but I want subscribe for alerts for this exact flight with maximum accuracy, to get alerts only for this flight.

So I will make call to set alert endpoint with next data:
~/SetAlert?channels={16,e_filed,e_departure,e_arrival,e_diverted,e_cancelled}&ident=AAL2295&origin=KMIA&destination=TLPL&date_start=1518537600&date_end=1518550620

Where:

• “date_ start” - has value from flight “departturetime” field
  • “date_end” - has value from flight “arrivaltime” field

Question is:
Will I get all pushes for this flight or only pushes that will be fired between “date_ start” and “date_end” time?
Will I get this push if flight will be canceled in prior to time of “date_ start” or such push won’t be fired for me because of wach-window I set in SetAlert request?

In the context of the SetAlert endpoint the date_start and date_end create the window for when the alert is active.

So yes, if the flight is cancelled before your start_date time you will not receive an alert.

Two options are:

1. Widen the timeframe for alerts
  2. Use FlightInfoStatus with ‘ident@departuretime’ to get the desired faFlightID up to two days in advance of the flight and then create the alert.
  1. What time range you can recommend to widen initial timeframe?
  2. What the maximum period of time (before scheduled departure time) when the cancel or deverded event can appears?