Question about the flight trajectory recorded in Flightaware

I am thinking to optimize flight trajectories by considering wind direction and speed. As the first step, I might want to confirm if the flight trajectory recorded in Flightaware is a trajectory to which wind is not considered. Can anyone answer to my question? I will be very appreciated if you can.

In summary, my question is:

“Is the flight trajectory recorded in Flightaware either a flight trajectory in which wind is considered (e.g. taking advantage of jet stream) or a flight trajectory in which air traffic management is only considered?”

Commercial planes have to follow their flight plan. The flight plan routes are picked to either be direct as possible or follow wind patterns. It depends on who does the actual routing and on the weather conditions.

You can see the air highway map by changing the base layer of the FlightAware map. Click on the ||| on the top right and then changes the base layer from “classic” to an “enroute” map. Planes follow the waypoints that are usually in their plans but they can deviate per ATC.

Flight trajectory on FlightAware are based on the waypoints and destination.

Dear David,

Thank you so much for letting me know the valuable information! I really appreciated it.