Private landing strip

Does any one have any experience in getting a private landing strip approved? My wife and I have been talking about moving out of the city and buying land. First thing that pops in my mind is having my own airfield. I have done a lot of research and found the FAA regulations and even some detailed instructions on how to build and maintain a grass landing strip. The only thing i can’t find is any state limitations. If any one has any information, especially for the state of Nebraska, that would be great.

I know this might seem a little crazy but aren’t all pilots dreamers? :smiley:

I’d go ask you township first. If I remember correctly in NY it was town ordernaces that would limit you.

Go find someone with a strip and drop in on them and ask them.

I envy you - but at least I have a wife that want’s an airplane too…anyone know of an airplane that will fit my wife, 5 kids, 2 dogs, cat, and pilot (me) :slight_smile: For less than $75000

How about a Beech 18?

No! May be for $7.5M I could. :smiley:

Good luck on that… Almost like an aviation twist on “Field Of Dreams”… Build it & they will come… Stearmans and Cubs approaching over the corn fields instead of through them like the players at the end of that movie…

ok…so I need sleep…

Good luck on that… Almost like an aviation twist on “Field Of Dreams”… Build it & they will come… Stearmans and Cubs approaching over the corn fields instead of through them like the players at the end of that movie…

That’s the idea!!

I’ll keep digging. Thanks guys.

add another “0” to 75000 and you might find a plane capable of what you described. I wonder what the TBO is for the beeeh 18’s?

That’s not a have bad idea.

Would love to be able to have my own strip.

Here’s some links to keep you busy for a while, keep us posted.

ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/te … ain_02.tpl

dot.ca.gov/hq/planning/aeron … aa-acs.php

dot.ca.gov/hq/planning/aeron … 300-13.pdf

ftp://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-inf … strips.pdf

my.execpc.com/~cjh/airstrip.html

I’d rather have a hangar house with a good view next to a runway with a good mix of traffic, corporate, GA, military. but again, dreamer

OP might want to consult with an attorney in Nebraska. You may be looking for rules that don’t exist and setting off alarms in the process. I live in a city with alot of ag/rural area surrounding. There are lots of private strips in the vicinity.

Funny, most people hate living by airports. I guess it just a passion. Don’t worry, I would love to live by an airport.

Funny, most people hate living by airports. I guess it just a passion. Don’t worry, I would love to live by an airport.

I love living by the airport. We live right along the approach path for the main runway so I have a great view of planes taking off and landing.

The National Guard uses the airport so the tankers are always flying. The E-4B always comes down from Omaha to fly too. Nothing like watching a 747 @ 2000 ft in landing configuration right in front of your house.

I’ll have to check out those links when I have time. Hopefully, they will give me a direction to go. Like they said earlier I might be opening a can of worms that I don’t want to.

Me knows about certification some, but not under FAR. Don’t know if I’m of any use, lol. Meant to post this days ago.

Bout… 45 minutes.

Go find someone with a strip and drop in on them and ask them.

I found a couple private strips near here. I might write them or give them a call. They would be the best source.

It sounds so simple. Why didn’t I think of that? :smiley:

New York Aviation Dept.

nysdot.gov/portal/page/port … an2006.pdf

Private Landing Strips don’t really do it for me, I’m more of a Retro-Bush kinda guy… :smiling_imp:

What? I want a 15,000’ x 300’ runway, that number excluding the RESA. PCN of 150/F/A/W/T, CAT III C ILS, VASI, you name it I need it :stuck_out_tongue:.

All of this, for a C172 :stuck_out_tongue:

What? I want a 15,000’ x 300’ runway, that number excluding the RESA. PCN of 150/F/A/W/T, CAT III C ILS, VASI, you name it I need it .

All of this, for a C172

That is ambitious. I was thinking more of a 2500’-3000’ range.

I think I might have found a good source. There is a guy that lives south of where I live that has his own strip. He has a building full of airplanes he collects. The grapevine tells me he loves showing people his planes so I’m going to see how much information I can get out of him. Gotta see his planes too of course.