President-elect Obama's aircraft ?

I have a simple question .What aircraft does Obama travel now that he is president elect ? Does he travel in his campaign aircraft or his he assign a aircraft from the presidential fleet ? :question:

As soon as the election is “called” and a candidate is named the president-elect, the 89th Airlift Wing becomes responsible for all air travel for that person. Usually in one of the white tail Gulfstream.

His campaign plane certainly wasted no time heading back home to JFK.

flightaware.com/live/flight/NAO9 … /KMDW/KJFK

Yeah, seems Obama had a new ride!

Slightly related (by a long shot) Matt Lauer and the Today Show en route to interview Sarah Palin.

flightaware.com/live/flight/N495 … /KHPN/PANC

What? A Gulfstream?!? Where’s Matt’s BBJ?

Matt’s got a BBJ? I thought the one he used on his “Where in the World” jaunts was NBC’s!

All NetJets ops. The BBJ is used for the “where in the World” segments.

President-elect Obams en route to Washington D.C. in American Airlines MD-88! :exclamation:

Does Obama still use the NOA “Change” jet to shuttle his family/himselft to/from chi-town?

Something I saw said that the North American jet flew back to New York on Nov 05, presumably to be returned to the airline. John McCain’s Straight Talk Express B734 was based at Phoenix, so was back home on election night anyway. Sarah Palin’s E190 is back at JFK, and I don’t know about Joe Biden’s aircraft.

Wow, now that is odd! Usually the Secret Service is very very adamant about his flying on military transport once the election is done. I know that the Presidential Flight support group coordinates all his travel, so maybe he wanted to make a good show of things. But really, an MD-80?

Fact or fiction? The original poster didn’t provide any details like the flight number.

still no real answer ppl. Does Obama still use the NOA “Change” jet to shuttle his family/himselt to/from chi-town?

We saw it on the TV news (indeed an AAL MD8*) but couldn’t find a flight number. Probably flying under something blocked at the FAA.

Evidently the MD80 was chartered rather than an executive jet due to the absurd, idiotic, and just plain stupid regulations of the Terminally Stupid Administration has regarding general aviation aircraft at DCA. Or, at least that’s what Limbaugh said.

In short, in order to fly a non-commercial aircraft into DCA, you need to have a federal air marshal aboard your aircraft. This marshal must be picked up at one of 20 gateway airports. If your flight originates at an airport other than a gateway airport then you must stop at one of those airports to pick up the marshal.

Then, when you get to DCA, you need to go through security, even though you’ve had this marshal aboard your aircraft and you went through security when you started your flight.

Yes, even though Obama is the president elect, he would still have to go through this because he isn’t president yet.

The rules are:

-48 flights in and out of DCA are allowed each day
-All aircraft must do the following

–TSA inspection of crew and pax
–TSA inspection of accessible and checked luggage and aircraft
–TSA identification checks of each passenger
–Submissionof pax and crew manifests 24 hours in advance
–Enchanced background check for all pax by TSA plus fingerprint based criminal history records check for flight cerw
–Armed security officer on board each flight
–All ops subject to cancellation at at any time
-The last airport departed before arrival DCA must be one of the following (the site details the participating FBO at each airport):
BED, LEX, BOS, BDL, MDW, DAL, MKE, LGA, STL, ISP, MEM, MSP, PBI, PHL, CMH, DCA, SFO, SEA, STP, TEB, IAD, HPN, HOU

Source: tsa.gov/what_we_do/tsnm/gene … ccess.shtm

I don’t recall any president elect using military aircraft in the past. I remember Bush 41 offered an airforce jet for Clinton to come visit The White House but Bubba declined. Although they have SS protection, it’s not on the same level as POTUS because they are only protecting the person, not the interest of national security that comes after one takes the oath. For the record I don’t recall any previous president elect standing at a podium with a sign that says “Office of The President Elect”. Lots of style, waiting for substance. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or, at least that’s what Limbaugh said.

**Okay. Got it. :smiley: **

The rest of my posting was my research to confirm what I knew. I don’t take many celebrities and government officials at face value unless I can confirm what they say or don’t say.

The rest of my posting was my research to confirm what I knew. I don’t take many celebrities and government officials at face value unless I can confirm what they say or don’t say.

**As Stan Lee would say, " ‘Nuff said’"

TC**