PiAware WiFi issue?

Morning all. I am running PiAware 3.5.3 on a Raspberry Pi 3 model b V1.2, but I seem to be having an issue with using the on-board WiFi. I believe that it is caused by a bug in the WiFi power management that causes the WiFi to freeze up: see https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1342

This can be fixed by disabling the power management on the WiFi in /etc/interfaces. However, given that PiAware rewrites this on each reboot, what’s the best way to fix this and turn power management off in a way that sticks?

Thanks!

At the risk of sounding like a crazy man mutterign to himself on the bus, I think I fixed it. Running the two commands below installs a new WiFi/Bluetooth driver that seems to be running better: it has been running for the last 20 minutes or so, at least.

sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install bluez-firmware

I’ll update this post if that does not prove to be the longer term fix I hoped for.

Ugh, looks like that didn’t work. The system crashed the same way last night: it responded to console input, and claimed it was sending data. But it did not respond to outside pings or other traffic checks. I think there is a bug still in there somewhere, so I have reverted to wired ethernet for the moment.

Any ideas out there in PiAware land?

DHCP or manually assigned IP address? If manually assigned, are you sure nothing else on your network would try to use the same address? …just an idea.