PiAware Skyview Map

Hello ,

Need some help.

Updated to Version 3.5 today , all went Ok. Updated Dump1090 also , all Ok…

Reading , on this site , that the new Version 3.5 , has the ability to do , “PiAware Sky View User interface Dump1090 Map View” …

How does one get the , “Sky View” map to display ??

My System : Purchased the , “Pre packaged” , SD Card . Had Version 3.1 on it , now 3.5. … Raspberry Pi 3, FlightAware ADS-B -BandPass Filter , FlightAware Pro Stick USB Receiver , Power Supply , FlightAware 1090 - outdoor antenna. Receiving , up to 40+ aircraft …

All the hardware and software work perfect … I am on , "Wired " , internet , not wireless…

Any and all help , that you can give me on how to active the , “Sky View” , would be much appreciated …

Thank You ,

Darryl

if I understood right that is nothing new, as is simply as going to your site adsb ip address port 8080
ex: 192.168.xxx.xxx:8080
let me know if you need something else.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Be sure to clear your browser’s cache in order to activate Skyview.

I wish to thank the following members for their help ::JVCDCARLOS ; CHRIS JOHNSTON 50 & ABCD567.

I got it to work , thanks to you .

Darryl

Wow just updated , nice improvement! info at the click of your finger

RCH3325

If you aren’t sure what the IP address is for the Pi there should be a link to the SkyView page directly from your Flight aware stat page. It says “Web Interface: View Live Data”. You have to be on the local network to see the SkyView. I just set up a VPN so I can see my SkyView remotely now.

Much appreciated!

I like the map view but would like to see it via the hdmi port on the raspberry pi. I understand this is a web browser app, but the PiAware image doesn’t load a GUI to launch a browser from. Anyone know how to make it do that?

As Piaware image is built using Jessie Lite image (stripped down), the method shown on these pages for Raspbian Lite & Jessie Lite may also work for Piaware image also.

I have NOT tried these, so cannot tell anything with surety.

[GUIDE] Raspbian Lite with PIXEL/LXDE/XFCE/MATE/i3 GUI
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=133691

Add GUI to Jessie Lite
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=177910
On this page someone has suggested:

sudo apt-get install raspberrypi-ui-mods

The method using Local_IP_NUMBER:8080 works from outside the internal network if the port 8080 is added to the router’s forwarding rules, to redirect incoming packets to the Local_IP number.
The IP is replaced with the Internet (external) IP: External_IP_NUMBER:8080

PS: FA_IP_NUMBER/dump1090-fa/ shows the same page when inside the network.

a method working for me (install LXDE desktop - lightweight) as follows:

sudo apt-get install -y xinit 
sudo apt-get install -y lxde-core lxterminal lxappearance
sudo apt-get install -y lightdm
sudo apt-get install -y midori

after all installations complete run sudo raspi-config and select 3 Boot Options.
in boot options select B1 Desktop / CLI .
in the new tab select B4 Desktop Autologin Desktop GUI

reboot and now the LXDE desktop will appear on your HDMI monitor.
run Midori (web browser) and try the url 127.0.0.1:80 or 8080 or dump1090-fa, to view the map.

HTH

Greetings,
Can somebody help me in configuring my router so that i can view FlightFeeder Skyview map from outside of my local network, like on my cellphone when i am not at home. I am very new to this and i tried port forwarding in my router with following settings but it didn’t work.
SERVICE PORT: 8080
INTERNAL PORT: 8080
IP ADDRESS: 192.168.0.100 (FLIGHTFEEDER’s IP)

I tried on my cellphone by typing my ISP IP address (183.82.66.77:8080) but it didn’t work. I have TP-Link router and FlightFeeder 7.7.1.

Thanks