Piaware local network?

Hi, I’ve got piaware running in a Pi0w and it was working great. Since then I have moved and have no WiFi but would still like to view the piaware ADSB map.
Is there a way to setup a WiFi network broadcast directly from the Pi that I can connect to sort of like a hotspot?

1 Like

Raspberry Pi Documentation - Configuration

Without internet connection (to the Desktop/Laptop on which you will view the map), the SkyView/dump1090-fa map will NOT download & display map tiles. You will see airplanes on a blank page.

When I travel and take a Pi with me I turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot in my Android phone and use the same SSID and password as my Wi-Fi network at home.

The Pi then just connects to the hotspot and behaves as normal.

My tablet connects to the same hgotspot so I can still see the Skyview/Skyaware map of the planes in range.

I usually turn off MLAT as it significantly increases the data traffic on my phone.

S

1 Like

If you have a hard-wired network, you can still connect the Raspberry Pi to your network using an Ethernet cable plugged into the Pi’s Enternet port. You can then plug in a RTL-SDR dongle and attach an antenna to it, and receive and share aircraft transponder signals. The software in the PiAware package doesn’t care whether you are connected wired or wireless.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.