Piaware 5.0 Stop sending to Flightaware

Until about 10 days ago, my piaware had been working fine. It feed to flightaware, runs the local Skyaware, and feeds back to my VRS. Then it stoped sending to Flightaware. The rest of the system works fine. It I try and start Piaware, it syas “error reading package index file /usr/share/tcltk/tcllib1.19/pagIndex.tcl”

I have removed and reinstalled Piaware 5.0 a couple of times with no success. Another Piaware in the house is feeding just fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Scott

First try this:

sudo apt-get purge piaware  

sudo apt-get autoremove  

sudo apt-get install piaware 

If above does not solve problem, then write Piaware SD card image v 5.0 on a SPARE microSD card and use it instead of existing microSD card.

Sounds like sdcard / filesystem damage.

You could try reinstalling the tcllib package but that is at best a bandaid if you don’t know what other damage has occurred. As abcd suggests, might be time to re-image.

Thank you for the suggestion. I had was not as clear as I should have been. I had already used the purge and autoremove before my attempts to reinstall piaware. Reimaging was my plan of last resort.

Thank you again.

Thank you for the reply.

I did nondestructive testing on the SDCard and did not find any errors, but I know it is still a possibility. At one point, I did try reinstalling the tcllib, but I have not uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I will try that before reimaging.

Thank you.

Uninstalling the tcllib and a reinstall of piaware made it work again.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.