Outside use of FA dongle and FA ADSB filter

ive read nothing but good reviews on it so thats why i went with it

man theres a bunch of military up right now over southern indiana

That’s the big plus with loops, nulling capabilities. The reviews on eHam are excellent.

Thanks for the input.

i have a 1k am station not too far from me but my rsp1a has a built in fm/medium wave trap that kill is really good

the wire i used for in between the loop and the amp on the w6lvp was rg6 quad shield and i put my own bnc connectors on it

or this would be more than good enough…not bad price at $40 for 50’

The RSP1A is great, I have one. I use a Mini-Whip antenna for LF/HF monitoring. It’s an active antenna that uses a 4in whip. The interesting part is that its performance is best on the bottom half of the HF spectrum, instead of the higher frequencies.

We better end this discussion now, before the FA bot gets involved.:wink:

yeah…kinda got off topic i guess…thanks for the advice on the antenna thou…like i said, its still a work in progress

DXEngineering is an excellent place to buy equipment. I have purchased from them in the past.

That said, I think this assembly is overkill. Keep using RG6, specially the quad shield type. Buy the Phillips or GE brand at Walmart. More than good enough.

1 Like

China and Russia are thanking you :wink: Free intelligence gathering deep in “enemy” territory.

1 Like

and to think we send our $$$ to Chinese for dongles, antennas etc…paradox eh ? :wink:

Hey… that’s another thing. We got greedy and shipped the factories there to let them make all the stuff cheap.
I can’t fix everything :smiley: