New filter or LNA

Thanks! I get why you would choose a dongle with build-in bias tee over a dongle with a bias tee injector (less things to break/go wrong), but any particular reason to choose the NooElec over the RTL-SDR V3? Is it the always-on bias tee of the NooElec or something else?

And would you remove the long coax run in that scenario too?
The thing is; if I’m going to place the LNA at the antenna, that LNA has to be made so it can withstand the elements; aka; some kind of waterproof box.
In that case; I might as well go all the way and move all the hardware - including the RPi - up there too in that waterproof box.
To me, that seems the optimal configuration, but it’s just the fact I don’t really like the idea having the RPi all the way up there with limited access to it, even though I haven’t need to access it in 3 years.

I’ve had experience with 2 kinds of flat coax. The first was something like this and it was indeed terrible.
Then I got this, this one is MUCH better.
My memory is correct about seeing no difference with of without that piece, I talked about it in this post in December 2016.

However, after 3+ years that cable is starting to age; the white exterior is coming off although I haven’t seen worse results because of it.