N7TWIC Ilyushin 76 IL-76

Does anyone know anything about this IL76. It is on live tracking right now. The routing is KBGR-DAKK the acft was also in KMKE the other day.

15-Jun-2007 IL76/R Bangor Int’l (KBGR) (DAKK) 06:16 EDT 18:22 GMT En Route
14-Jun-2007 IL76/C General Mitchell Int’l (KMKE) Bangor Int’l (KBGR) 16:11 CDT 19:44 EDT 2:33
09-Jun-2007 IL76/R Bangor Int’l (KBGR) General Mitchell Int’l (KMKE) 08:47 EDT 10:12 CDT 2:25

DAKK is not a valid designator there is DAK in Egypt…???

The “DA” in DAKK could be an ICAO designation for Algeria. Judging by the flight level and frequent stops, I would say it was given a special clearance to fly to Milwaukee ( due to noise restrictions on the Il-76 ) to pick up some kind of oversized piece of contruction equipment for one of the major projects in Algeria.

Just speculating based on the clues. The N - number is a " what ever " designator. There are only a few Il-76’s registered in the U.S., and these by a private company that would like to use them for air / air refueling.

Thnaks for the post, it makes sense what you are saying. I didnt know that they granted exemptions in Milwaukee. I do know that Volga Dnepr and Silkway both now have a stage IV IL76 and it could be that. Otherwise it could belong to the air force of one of the foreign nations that operate the type. I wasn’t aware that flight aware sometimes just assigned designators. I am familiar with the IL78 that is in Texas and not allowed to fly N78GF and it is not that one. If I hear anything on this particular flight I will post.

This aircraft doesn’t have a “N” number but rather a “7T” number. “7T” is the country code for Algeria. FlightAware automatically added the letter “N” to the flight ID because it expected a “N” registered aircraft.

“DA” is, as mentioned earlier, the code for Algeria. Using the airport ICAO code list at Wikipedia, I couldn’t find any airport in Algeria with “DAKK” for the code. Because this aircraft belongs to the Algerian Air Force, it’s possible that DAKK is a code for an Algerian air force base.

Typo for DAAK Boufarik where the IL-76s are based.

This particular one has visited before: airliners.net/search/photo.s … entry=true

Nice post that clears it up. I also found the aircraft on airliners.net. They have a whole fleet of 7T-WI registered IL76’s nice…

I saw 7T-WIG at FLL, and it was listed as N7TWIG on Flightaware.

7T-WIG](Ilyushin Il-76TD - Algeria - Air Force | Aviation Photo #1210316 | Airliners.net) IL-76TD of Algerian Air Force