Mother, Baby Kicked Off Plane for Saying 'Bye Bye,...

Now this just pisses me off…the kid is 19 months old for crying out loud. I have an 18 month old that loves to talk and say “bye bye”. Someone find that flight attendant and douche on the plane and smack them both upside the head…HARD!

Mother Says Baby’s Recurring ‘Bye Bye, Plane’ Comment Got Them Kicked Off Airplane

Thursday, July 12, 2007

ATLANTA The mother of a 19-month-old boy says she and her son were kicked off a plane after she refused a stewardess’ request to medicate her son to keep him from talking.

Kate Penland, who lives in Gwinnett County in suburban Atlanta, said she and her son, Garren, had boarded the Continental Express plane last month after an 11-hour delay in Houston on an Atlanta-Oklahoma flight.

Garren kept saying, “Bye bye, plane,” Penland recalled. And she said the stewardess objected.

“At the end of her speech, she leaned over the gentleman beside me and said, 'It’s not funny anymore. You need to shut your baby up,”’ Penland told WSB-TV in Atlanta.

When Penland asked the woman if she was kidding, she said the stewardess replied, “You know, it’s called baby Benadryl.”

“And I said, 'Well, I’m not going to drug my child so you have a pleasant flight,”’ Penland told the TV station.

Penland said other passengers began speaking up on her behalf, and the flight attendant announced they were turning around and that Penland and Garren were going to be taken off the plane.

“I was crying, I was upset and I was thinking, 'What am I going to do? I don’t have anything with me, I don’t have anymore diapers for the baby, no juice, no milk,” Penland said.

The young mother said she later learned the flight attendant told the pilot that she had threatened her. Penland said that never happened.

Express Jet Airlines released a statement saying, “We received Ms. Penland’s letter expressing her concerns and intend to investigate its contents.” Express Jet did not immediately return a call Thursday from The Associated Press.

A fellow passenger told WSB none of the other passengers had problems with Garren and that Penland never threatened the flight attendant.

Link to the most rediculous story of all time. I hope the a-hole flight attendant gets fired

Benadryl has a stimulating effect on some people (keeps one of my kids UP ALL NIGHT). Apart from drugging a kid, would have served the FA right if the kid would have been their nose in a drug induced hyper fit.

Perhaps the flight attendant was freaked out by the phrase “bye bye…plane” meaning bye bye TO the plane. I think the child ought to take legal against against her for his freedom of speech. He didn’t say THAT B word and you know he didn’t have ulterior motives. Well, we know that. I’d be very interested in hearing her reasoning.

We fly with an 18 month old on occasion. I can imagine the mother was stressed a bit after an 11+ hours…nevermind an a-hole flight attendant thrown in for good measure. Anything short of a kid going absolutely ballistic after that kind of trip is quite impressive and I think the mother should be commended.

I don’t understand why more passengers don’t revolt these days. If a mother was treated like that around me, I’d stand up for her. I might come off in cuffs, but some of these FA’s are nuts.

Whaddaya expect from someone barely out of high school, too young to have children, let alone mature enough to understand, and making a salary shamed by a McDonald’s employee that gets to be home every night?..

Oh yeah…it’s the travel benefits…