MLAT toggling on B+ not on Pi2

I have noticed that my production box (B+) was constantly toggling MLAT on/off. My Pi2 with nearly identical config/setup had MLAT on almost always. I swapped my B+ box for another Pi2 and it appears that it is no longer toggling. Going to monitor it for a while and report back the long term results. You can see it in the graphs below and see where it was toggling on the B+ and is consistently on now that it’s on the Pi2.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Load averaging on the B+ running above 1.0?

YUP! And that was even overclocked…

Cheers!
LitterBug

This is possibly that the server periodically decided that on the B+ your clock was unstable (probably due to CPU overload) and kicked your receiver out of the mlat calculations for a while. You can’t directly see this (yet) but if this was the case then in the piaware logs the mlat client would have been running continuously and not starting/stopping with the position spikes.

I pulled the SD out of my B+ and put it in a Pi2. It has not toggled at all since moving off the B+. Appears the B+ can not handle all the MLAT load at my site… I’ll just keep it on the Pi2 and use the B+ for UAT… :slight_smile:

Cheers!
LitterBug