I just noticed a minor bug in the FlightAware News RSS feed (FlightAware > News) last night. The dates seemed incorrect (the post on the Colgan 3407 crash was listed as from “Tue, Sep 12, 2000 5:00 PM” in Firefox and today in Safari). I took a look at the source and it seems the pubDate field has a unix timestamp instead of an RFC822 formatted date:
<title>Colgan Flight 3407 from Newark/New York to Buffalo crashes into a house - 50 dead.</title> <link>http://flightaware.com/news/story/95</link> <guid>http://flightaware.com/news/story/95</guid> <pubDate>1234501200</pubDate>
Thanks for all the work you guys do make FlightAware such a great site!