miles or nautical miles?

This may have already been asked, but…

On the maps, is the scale (located in the lower left corner) in statute miles or nautical miles?

Miles

1X

4X

I didn’t know FA used SM miles (statute). So can I now assume that the number of miles on the flight tracking page are sm? I am dissapointed with FA choice. But, if you’re not a pilot, then you probably have no clue what nautical miles and knots are. I understand why FA used statute miles.

I’m not a pilot and I know what the difference is. Many people do its just that that do you see people going 20 knots too fast on a highway…

I was watching speed television the other day and they had a motorcycle on there that had an airspeed indicator (actually worked) instead of a speedometer, so it’s entirely possible.

I’m talking about the average American car or soccer mom van here. Not some freak of nature motorcycle that does not use a speedometer.

What are you talking about? :wink:

Basically saying that most people use statute miles compared to nautical miles on a daily basis (excluding pilots).

And that not everyone who uses this site is a pilot and it would be easiest for them in interpret the data better.

Any more things I need to clarify? :laughing:

Yes!

Who are you and what have you done with the real Boeing7475500?

Oh… His mother made him study his health chapter on mental health and I’m just filling in for him. :wink:

So, he’s reading his autobiography?

That kid’s weird!

Yeah…