Midair being reported over Corona California

I have no details only Breaking News at 5PM local time in LA, two aircraft have collided midair???

knbc.com/videostream/10954229/detail.html Free live streaming LA news.

Mid-air plane crash kills 4 in Corona
Gina Tenorio
Article Created: 01/20/2008 04:42:19 PM PST

CORONA – A mid-air collision between two aircraft over Corona killed four people and rained debris over a car dealership this afternoon.
Federal Aviation Administration officials said the crash also may have injured one person on the ground.

It was not known as of 4 p.m. what kind of aircraft were involved and where they were headed, said FAA spokesman Allen Kenitzer. The agency is still investigating.

The crash happened at 3:35 p.m. somewhere over the 91 Freeway near Auto Center Drive, officials said. Riverside County Fire officials had responded and were still investigating, Kenitzer said.

Here’s a photo. Looks like one might be a Cessna product based on the landing gear.

Needless to say, I Hate seeing this kind of stuff!

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=5903592

Aviation News :: Cessna 411 down - 1 hr ago
Author: bobreid Subject: Cessna 411 down Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:19 am (GMT 0) Topic Replies: 0 Just fueled at Riverside, Departed then crashed . two dead. anybody?

I assume this is related. I see this post on my Browser page, but when I click it, it states Post does not exist?

From what I’m reading now, it’s 2 "small Cessnas."
As far as the 411 thing is concerned, that was posted at 12:19 am GMT? That would work out to be 4:19 pm local time. The Corona midair happened at 3:35 pm. Riverside airport is just a few miles away, so who knows. That definately is a single Cessna’s gear in the car lot, and a single Cessna’s wing & strut in the street. I just wonder if it’s from the same plane… I don’t see anything there that might be from a 411.

pe.com/localnews/inland/stor … 4baf1.html

dailybulletin.com/breakingnews/ci_8028262

Death toll up to 5 now
msnbc.msn.com/id/22760574/
I would bet this is a simple lack of pilot communication at an uncontrolled airfield…

CNN News Update

Aircraft involved, a rental Cessna 150 out of Corona, and a rental Cessna 172 out of Fullerton. The Cessna 150’s cockpit and engine fell thru the dealership roof, killing a person inside the dealership…

[DESCRIPTION
N4008V, A CESSNA C150 AIRCRAFT AND N737EJ, A CESSNA C175N AIRCRAFT COLLIDED IN MIDAIR, AIRCRAFT DEBRIS STRUCK TWO CAR DEALERSHIPS AND A VEHICLE, FIVE PERSONS WERE FATALLY INJURED, TWO PERSONS FROM EACH AIRCRAFT AND ONE PERSON ON THE GROUND, ONE MILE SOUTH OF CORONA, CA

WEATHER: AJO 0023Z 250/08 10 CLR 15/02 A2991](http://www.faa.gov/data_statistics/accident_incident/preliminary_data/media/F_0122_N.txt)

I’ve logged about 1.0 in the Skylark. Interesting bird.

typo, it should be C172N.

Although Cessna 175s are fine airplanes, despite their engine reputation. I should know, I own one.

But that is for another thread.

Ya but…

[quote=“wazzu90”]

Ya but…

Ya but Damiross quoted, not wrote. That information, if you click on it, will take you to the preliminary information on the FAA web site.

I did look up the aircraft just now in the FAA registry. It shows 737EJ as a 172N

[quote=“wazzu90”]

Ya but…

Typo in the above text per tail number registration data. If you look at the very next tail number in the above link, the type is correct, 172, but the text has 175 which appears to be incorrect.

N-number : N737EJ
Aircraft Serial Number : 17269358
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
** Model : 172N**
Engine Manufacturer : LYCOMING
Model : 0-320 SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1978
Type of Owner : Co-ownership
Registration Date : 01-Oct-2002
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal

Allen

And, like I said, that is what was in the FAA preliminary information.