Marathon Airport

On a recent stop over at the Marathon Airport MTH I was surprised by a charge what they call a Facility Charge of $50.00 even though I took gas TOP OFF. I argued with them they do not show this charge on the AIR NAV page, so you are AMBUSHED when you get there . Be aware and do not land at MARATHON JET CENTER or the other FBO at Marathon both charge the same fee’s they are operated by the same management .

flightaware.com/resources/airpor … l_Aviation

Write a review about them, they only list a ‘ramp fee’ as a service :laughing:

[quote=“mb3217”]
On a recent stop over at the Marathon Airport MTH I was surprised by a charge what they call a Facility Charge of $50.00 even though I took gas TOP OFF. I argued with them they do not show this charge on the AIR NAV page, so you are AMBUSHED when you get there . Be aware and do not land at MARATHON JET CENTER or the other FBO at Marathon both charge the same fee’s they are operated by the same management .[/quote]

Location Location Location, EYW would have been worse. I have always been happy with the service at MTH, and don’t mind paying for it. It’s a niche airport with limited traffic, they have to make their money somewhere.

Did you call before you stopped there? Would that have made a difference in your plans?

Welcome to FA!

I have a cousin who lives in MTH. If I ever got my pilot’s license, I would be more than willing to pay $50 to go there. It’s a lot easier than the other options, Key West, Miami…