Listening to air traffic

I think they are the exact same devices but previously put together in Germany or in the US. There is a factory in southern of China as well as Taiwan. I often see Tecsun in most airports gadgets in China. It may be something like the ray bans where they are actually made in China but the parts are sent to Italy to be assembled and get the print “made in Italy”.

I ordered one yesterday from that site and I will provide a feedback.

Thanks for everyone’s comments.

Surely not. Otherwise it would have twice the price

Forgot to mention that the Grundig Satellit 750 does NOT have scan function. This is the down side of this receiver.

@KI7GX
Have seen the Uniden BCD996P2 ($375) in action and the Uniden BC365CRS ( $92) and was very impressed. Super scanners. Guess next step after your 125 Bear Cat.

2 Likes

These models seem to be good ones, particularly the BC 365CRS which has a very attractive price of $92, and I think has scan function also.

https://www.amazon.com/UNIDEN-UNNBC365CRS-500-Channel-Scanner-Weather/dp/B01C73X4FK

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-BCD996P2-TrunkTracker-Dynamically-Location-Based/dp/B00UJU5MUE/

ADDITIONAL INFO:
The Uniden model numbers starting with BC dont have capability for digital transmissions to which many services have started switching to.

The Uniden model numbers starting with BCD (D for digital) have the capability for digital transmissions.

@Dutchyb I did pick up the BC365CRS as a gift for a friend. Audio quality on FM broadcast sounds a bit muddy and the scanner in public service and airband frequencies performed adequately with the stock telescoping antenna. Would need to evaluate the 365 with an external antenna but the 125 has an edge in sensitivity and voice audio clarity - it seems to be the step up.

2 Likes

The Uniden BCD996P2 as posted by our friend seems great too. I have also ordered this one today. I heard very good things about it.

Sangean

1 Like

@anon19624742
You are right the BCD996P2 is really great, would love to have this one. If you have the option for an extra antenna, I should say go for it. :slightly_smiling_face:
IMHO it is worth the money.
And the 365, yes the sound is not too good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.