help I have got the prostick and the separate filter I wish to install this on my windows 10 laptop any help given I will be gratefull
The most important software you have to install is the Window’s driver for the DVB-T/Prostick. It is called “zadig”.
For Windows Laptop, the Software required are as follows:
Driver zadig.exe for DVB-T RTL-SDR - download and install instructions here:
(1) Download Zadig 2.3.exe from http://zadig.akeo.ie/.
(2) Plug the DVB-T or ProStick in your Laptop.
(3) Double click Zadig 2.3.exe to run it.
Follow the steps shown on screenshots below:
Decoder Option-1: dump1090 (MR) for windows.
(1) Unzip the downloaded .zip file. You will get a folder “dump1090-master”.
(2) Inside the folder “dump1090-master”, you will find another zip file “dump1090-win.1.10.3010.14.zip”. Unzip it and enter this unzipped folder and double click “dump1090.bat” to start the decoder.
Decoder Option-2: modeSDeco2
Download and install instructions here:
(1) Download modesdeco2_windows_20170127.zip from http://xdeco.org/?page_id=306
(3) Open unzipped folder, and take steps as shown in the screenshot below
(4) Double click the file Run_Decoder.bat. A terminal will open
(5) Open browser and type localhost:8088 and press Enter key. You can see map and flight table
Decoder Option-3: RTL1090
Choose "RTL1090 “SCOPE” BETA VERSION 3 (151) "
Download link: http://planevision.de/download/rtl1090.beta3.zip
3- DATA FEEDERS:
Currently Flightaware does not have any Data Feeder software for Windows. The Linux version for Raspberry Pi is available.
Other sites like Planefinder and Flightradar have datafeeder for Windows. You can download the data feeders from respective sites.
Flight Aware pro stick plus?
Flightaware prostick plus help needed!
Thank you for your assistance everything running ok using rtl1090 connected to virtual radar server 2.4
The modeSDeco2 does NOT show registration.
I Googled and found solution: The Aircraft don’t transmit Registration. A database was built originally by Basestation which contains ICAO vs Registration. This database file was available from Kinetic site, as well as Planeplotter site and VRS sites.
I have just now downloaded “BaseStation.sqb” from VRS site
I saved the downloaded zip file in Downloads folder “C:\Users\abcd\Downloads\BaseStation.zip”. Then unzipped the downloaded file.
The location of unzipped file “BaseStation.sqb” is “C:\Users\abcd\Downloads\BaseStation\BaseStation.sqb”.
I then added following entry in the batch file “Run_Decoder.bat”
Now both the map & flight table are showing Registration.
My Run_Decoder.bat file after addition of database entry is as given below:
@echo off cmd /c modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 62 --location 43.5xxx:-79.6xxx --web 8088 --db C:\Users\abcd\Downloads\BaseStation\BaseStation.sqb --beast 30005 --msg 30003 --sbs10001 10001 PAUSE exit
No registrations showing in modesdeco2
you can also create a Debian Linux Virtual Machine, say, 16gb
and install flightaware / piaware there.
then you will also have MLAT .
and if it breaks down you can always rebuild it