Incomplete Textural Routes

Hello. Why do the textural routes not show the complete route for certain flights? An example is UAL48 (flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL4 … /KEWR/VABB). This is the route:

GREKI JUDDS MARTN TAFFY N153C STEAM OYSTR 5600N 05000W 5900N 04000W 6100N 03000W 6200N 02000W 6300N 01000W ISVIG SOLKA TOGMI PIVAK INLOG R30 SPB B160 DB B238 RISOP NAMIN LEDOR NAM1T SW BESTA RUGEL GEKLA WT

This route ends at the the waypoint WT, and WT is 2,700 nautical miles away from the destination, so it is unlikely that UAL48 was planned to go direct from WT to VABB.

Anyone have any idea as to why FlightAware doesn’t show complete routes for certain flights that depart from the U.S.?

Yes, I’m aware of why. Did you want to know the answer or were you just asking if anyone knew.
|
|
|
|
V
Hint: Check About FlightAware - FAQs

In this case that’s the route the FAA sent and no other ANSPs en route or at the destination provided route data we can disclose to the public.

This was not a helpful answer. In my first post, I asked why certain textural routes are incomplete.

Thank you.

Look at the FAQ’s again. Here’s the one on international flights:

How does FlightAware handle international flights? What is FlightAware’s service area? (Back to top)
FlightAware’s primary service area includes airspace operated by the United States (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto RIco, and Guam), Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, the United Kingdom, and France. Flights in the primary service area support real time maps, departure and arrival information, delays, and more.

FlightAware’s secondary service covers scheduled major airline operations at any airport in the world. Flights in the secondary service area support departure and arrival information. For some airlines, FlightAware receives satellite position reports from aircraft worldwide.

For flights arriving in a service area from outside of a service area, FlightAware will be able to track the flight when it nears a service area. For flights departing a service area, FlightAware will be able to track the flight until it leaves the coverage area. Flights may not be tracked beyond that point unless they enter another service area.

Not all worldwide data sources (e.g., European data) are freely available on FlightAware.com due to government regulations. You can contact us if you have a commercial need for worldwide data.