Imams Removed From Twin Cities Flight

Even though the article says the Imams were removed from an US Airways flight, the flight was actually operated by the America West division.

As usual, the news media didn’t report everything. One paragraph says

Three of them stood and said their normal evening prayers together on the plane, as 1.7 billion Muslims around the world do every day, Shahin said. He attributed any concerns by passengers or crew to ignorance about Islam.

What’s missing here? How about something like was the fasten seatbelt sign on or off?

Sorry - realized too late that this should have been posted in the Airlines section.

I guess there is more then meets the eye.

Airport spokesman Patrick Hogan said some witnesses said some of the imams made anti-American comments about the war in Iraq before boarding the flight, and that some of the men asked for seat belt extensions even though a flight attendant thought they didn’t need them.

According to another Muslim passenger, they were not praying at the proper time.

I think the airline had every right to remove them.

Every right is correct! I know it’s not politically correct but I really don’t give a damn what others think. If there’s the slightest hint that a person may be a a danger to flight he should be removed!

I’ve heard similar reports of these guys making anti-American statements before and WHILE boarding. There’s definitely more to this than someone wants you to know, and I’m sure the details will be noticeably absent when their lawyers and the ACLU (or whoever) start crying over it.

Try boarding an Iran Air flight in Bahrain, say things like “President Ahmadinejad is a dog” and see how far you get along on your trip. I seriously DOUBT you’d survive to tell the story! :unamused:

But come over to American soil, say anti-American sentiments as you board a plane and somehow you expect to continue on your journey…

Something is very, VERY WRONG here! :angry:

4 letters and a phrase:
ACLU
Liberal “I feel so guilty about living in the most powerful nation in the world, can we all just get along, go ahead and do what you want to do because we deserve what we get” idiots

Expected continuing issues regarding this combination. There is currently a number of occasions that planes in full US Airways c/s are flying AWE flights examples that are currently taking place SMF-LAS and SMF-PHX.
So it isn’t surprising that the Imans were removed from a plane that probably had full USA c/s but was an AWE flight and the media calls it
a US Airways flight.

www1.airliners.net/discussions/g … n/3110491/

Hats off to U.S Air. They did the right think especially knowing that these Imams were not properly seated and in two by two formation by the exits and the fact they had one way tickets with no checked luggage.

I think these imams should be put on the no-fly list.

They should also be made to pay US Airways the extra expense the airline incurred due to their actions. Plus, they should be forced to pay the other passengers something for their inconvenience.