IAH being served from DME and DXB, But for how long?

Earlier this week the Houston Chronicle released info on Singapore Airlines starting NON-Stop service between DME. (Moscow and IAH)

"Singapore Airlines (SQ) will launch four weekly flights between IAH and Moscow (DME) beginning March 20, 2008, the Houston Chronicle reported Thursday. The flights will continue to Singapores Changi International Airport (SIN) and will be operated with Boeing 777-300 equipment. "

As far as I know, IAH is the second airport in the country that would have direct service to Moscow. ATL is the other non-stop city.

To top it off, Emirates is serving IAH from DXB currently 3x’s a week.
Pushing cargo?

How long will these 2 last? Since CI (China Airlines) and PK (PIA - Pakistan International Airlines) bailed out of IAH.

i was sorta surprised to see emirates selecting iah over Us citys like Dallas and lax

Jfk, lax and soon to be ord have and or having moscow service soon

Houston is a extremely huge market for energy. IAH moves TONS of cargo threw LGW daily. LHR service in March will be a bread winner for COA along with DXB service in 2009.

It looks to me that EK is trying to dip into the cargo profits to DXB.
I am sure EK (Emirates) is pushing limits with the fuel to cap out their cargo at MGTOW with their 772LR.