I can't see the airplane symbol

What is going on with the airplane symbol in flight tracking? It’s covered up by the flight number, aircraft used, speed, flight level, departure airport and the arrival airport infromation on flight tracking.

That can happen if you’re using page zoom. Vectors don’t zoom properly so they can overlap. Everything should be fine at 100%, though.

it’s doing that when I zoom in also, It might be a problem in your system there.

Matt,

Not happening to me when I zoom in using MSIE and FireFox on both my home computer and my computer on location.

Can you post a screenshot? You would need to upload the screenshot to a photo hosting website like Photobucket and place a link here in these forums.

Also, it may be helpful if you give the FA staff basic info about your computer, such as operating system, browser and the like.

Also may help if you provide the link that you are having the problem with (airport or tailnumber).

try tracking UAL648 now and se what its doing

Hmmm…Working fine for me.

do you see the airplane icon under all that info about the flight?

Got a screenshot. I see what you are saying.

Will post it in a few minutes, need to remote into my home computer.

Mark / Daniel

MSIE 7.0 flavor of browser that this problem Matt is describing is showing up here. It’s a on the main screen and numbers obscure the airplane symbol.

Hopefully this works :slight_smile:

If the above doesn’t imbed picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LS … directlink

Will check from my home computer, Picassa blocked at my location, bear with me. :astonished:

Looks good to me…
Windows XP SP3 with MSIE 8.0.6001.18702

Wonder if it’s browser flavor, as I just went in and still can’t see the plane, still looks like screenshot I posted just different location. I even zoomed in and it still doesn’t display the airplane.

Haven’t checked in Firefox at home though, just here where I have MSIE 7.0 SP3 XP is the operating system where problem is happening.

I didn’t get a chance to check it in Firefox. The plane was 5 minutes from landing when I first checked in IE. By the time I’d gotten my screenshot saved, uploaded, linked and posted, she was on the ground.

Any more examples to try???

Try any airborne flights right now?

Like DAL1821

flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2863

Airspeed of 477, last number 7 is directly on top of the airplane symbol essentially blocking it out would be one I am encountering.

That is what i’m talking about is the last number of the airspeed is blocking that symbol on all airborne flights.

To help the fine FA support folks, are you using MSIE 7.0 like I am?

Seems like Needlenose verified it’s not happening on MSIE 8.0 and I can see the airplane icon on Firefox on my home computer, it seems to be isolated in MSIE 7.0.

If you are not sure on what browser you are using, click on help and then click on about and that will give you the information FA support needs to fix this problem.

Thanks for the report guys, I’ll get the mapping team to look at all versions of IE again.

Both IE 8 and Firefox 3.0.19 display the data without obscuring the aircraft icon, but the data is displayed in different places relative to the icon as shown below…

Firefox… http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/CheckM8/Mozilla.jpg

IE… http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/CheckM8/IE.jpg

I’m using IE 7