I am about to upgrade my old pi B to a new pi4 B 4GB

Thanks for the reply, I am looking forward to getting stuck into this, thanks again.
Rgds
Steve

Hi Geoff,
I am more central Lincolnshire so unfortunately the USAF are fairly rare for me, but i am in the triangle for Cranwell/Waddington and Conningsby so Mil wise its an active location. Plenty of civil flights overhead too. You have given me an idea for my next project though, streaming TV without the need to have aerial points.
Kind Rgds
Steve

Piaware SD Card image ver 6.0 is now available for download

https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build/

Thank you for this post, something important for when I re-do my card with the new pi4.
Appreciate your post.
Kind Rgds
Steve

My new Pi4b has arrived, I am shocked how much smaller it is than my Pi B, but it looks superb in the FLIRC case i also ordered (It’s the size of my cigarette packet!!) , safe to say I am hooked on the pi, outstanding.

If you want any pointers or suggestions re the TV streaming you are welcome to email me.

xray850 at gmail.com
Geoff

Hi Geoff, I have emailed you.
Kind Rgds
Steve

Update today Saturday 04 Sep 2021
So during the late hours of Friday I attempted to manually install the bits I wanted to my 32GB card, to replicate what I am running on my Pi B 16GB card, for some reason I failed!.
So Today I took a punt and just put the card from the Pi B into my shiny new Pi4 4GB, AND, It’s all working as it should but a lot quicker/slicker and the CPU usage is now minimal.
I am now left with three tasks to complete;

1. Get the card copied to the 32GB.
  2. Fit the larger antenna outside, in place of thethe tiny telescopic one that came with the rtl-sdr dongle.
  3. Find a new project for my Pi B.
    Kind Rgds and more comments welcome,
    Steve

Pihole

2 Likes

Pihole is definitely on the radar, I have a colleague at work who has been using it on his Pi but he had a few unspecified problems? with the Covid situation and, Wife working from home needing tinterweb , i’m kind of reluctant to mess with our access.
Kind Rgds
Steve

Still working well. Processing more contacts but I have noticed the Range has been extended too, How, its the same small telescopic antenna and in the same location as previously??
Kind Rgds
Steve

Ah, I guess it is associated with the Adaptive Gain Control on the new version 6.0. LOL
Kind Rgds
Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.