Hypoxia emergency over Ohio - passenger flies plane . . .

Aero-News Story

Cessna 400 pilot over Ohio suffers from Hypoxia - controller speaks with passenger who then takes over the flying.

Good story with the ideal outcome - especially with the other hypoxia related crashes that have happened lately. I’m really surprised that guy would want to continue onto his destination considering that he almost died up there (and surely would have had his daughter not been in the plane).

Did the passenger have a license?

READ THE FRICKIN STORY! :unamused:

OK. Before, I could not get the link to work… :mrgreen:

coughBULL$H!T!!cough

You think I am not telling the truth?

he/we/i knows your not telling the truth.

while you know you are telling the truth.

if he/we/i thought you were lying, he/we/i knows your not going to admit to lying, and he/we/i would jut be wasting his/our/my time typing.

but since he/we/i knows your lying (in his mind) and most if not everyone else that reads this knows your lying (in their/our/my mind) then he/we/i is/are safe saying it.
if he/we/i thought you were lying he/we/i would have added the “think” before “lying”

its a no win situation.

and more importantly he/we/i dont care if you lying or not, we dont say anything cause we want to stay friends.

Its like after i fart i always try to fan the air over to make my wife smell it. she/we both know i do it, and she/we both know i will deny it, so she doesnt bring ask me if i fanned my fart air over to make her smell it, its a no win situation, except i win cause she smells it and gets mad.

Meek, you have reached a new low, but thanks for a laugh.

however comma, maybe there is some truth to what he was saying, the link didnt work for me either. so are you saying we are both lying now?
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3002/22487128.jpg

:laughing: HAHAHA! Here is what happened: I clicked on the link and the page came up and said there was an error. But it was with my internet. So later I tried it and I did not get the error message, and it worked. What is the use of lying?

lying=pride, we are all A type personalities, we cant admit failure of proceding in the face of uncertantity. we thing if we admit an error, that we are admitting that we are a bad person, its in our genes.
the people that can admit an error are the amiable people, they can forgive and forget easier than we can, so we lie and they forgive us, and a good time is had by all.

No, we are both telling the truth. :wink:

No, Meek, I readily admit mistakes once I recognize them. And I respect people who do the same, and I forgive but avoid dealing with people who don’t. So you never really get away with it. Your reputation is all you have that’s of real value. But you’d have to cultivate your reputation to know that.

What the… A few days ago I started a thread re ATC transmissions/flight tracking and it was locked by Mduell because it was covered months ago. OK, I get that, but still would have liked an answer as to whether the staff looked into the possibilities. The thread was “All the details…”

But no one locks this crap. What a bunch of bone heads. You guy have way too much time on your hands. I think I’ll go to the airport and turn this thing off. LATER.

What the… A few days ago I started a thread re ATC transmissions/flight tracking and it was locked by Mduell because it was covered months ago. OK, I get that, but still would have liked an answer as to whether the staff looked into the possibilities. The thread was “All the details…”

But no one locks this crap. What a bunch of bone heads. You guy have way too much time on your hands. I think I’ll go to the airport and turn this thing off. LATER.

Adios

Why don’t you post it twice, maybe the second time reading through it you won’t sound like a jealous child.

WOW…What a story. Reminds me of the King-Air saga earlier this year where pilot had a heart attack and the passenger/pilot had to fly a multi for the first time.

CNN Hypoxia story . . . cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 … .pilot.cnn