How do you check the Voltage on your Pi?

I’ve used inline USB meters, but they don’t allow for a poor down-stream cable. They also have an internal current shunt - ie.the display is either the PSU voltage or the voltage seen by the Pi (no idea which).

I picked up some $1 voltmeters and attached them with velcro to the Pi case.
Accuracy is quite acceptable, but is also adjustable (via a pot) should you feel you have a better reference.
I’ve jacked it into the GPIO port to measure what the Pi really has to play with.

The voltmeter module is a two-wire design, meaning it measures its own supply (usable from 2.6V ~ 30V)
(not ideal in a noisy or precision environment, but really easy to work with)

2 Likes

You can plug the USB meter into one of the USB ports and without any load it should give you an accurate voltage.

I tried that. My USB meters are too bulky to sit next to a dongle
Besides, where is the fun in that!

Seems the fluke probes have positive gain.

S.

2 Likes

Yes, gain set to max, after running the script.:rofl:

3 Likes

Are you happy with the RadarBox stick? Mine does not compare favorably to the FA Pro+.

I bought a pair of Radarbox sticks direct from Airnav when they were on special ($10usd down from $15)
(I just wanted to try one, but when I saw them discounted, I was afraid they were being discontinued)

They both perform significantly better than my generic dongles, but not as well as my RTLSDR V3 + filter/amp combo.
I don’t have an FA stick to compare, but I have no regrets buying them.

For a dongle with integrated filter and amp, they are the best value I’ve seen.

That was when I purchased mine.

Same experience here.

My experience is that it’s not even close to the FA Pro+. Regrets? No, not for $10, but I would not buy another one. :wink:

1 Like

Same antenna? Any other amplifiers in the path or solo?

Both solo. Each with their own FA antenna, 2 feet apart.