How do I find an old n number if I know the owner's name?

Anybody know??

What do you mean by “old n number?” The identification has changed? Do you know the new N-Number? Who’s the owner?

The owner of the aircraft, a few years ago, was William L Hunsaker. The aircraft was a north american snj (harvard) (t-6 texan). I checked with the FAA and he no longer owns it. I just wanted to find the n-number that was on this aircraft as of 2000.

Thank you, Tom

Do you know the serial #?

No I don’t.

If you could find the serial #, I can probably look it up.

The only number I could see ffrom an old photo that I have is from the landing gear cover. RCAF 3297. This is probably only part of the serial number.

Go to the Texan, SNJ, and Harvard section of the Warbird Registry

Pet Peeve: Using the subject line as the body of a posting. It’s only common courtesy to use the subject line as just that: the subject. Then, in the body of the e-mail, build upon the subject line. When you ready many postings a day, it gets a little tiresome to read a body that says, for example, only “anybody know” becuase that means the reader has to scroll back up to find out the subject. It’s so easy to copy-and-paste your heading into the body of the posting

[quote=“damiross”]
*Pet Peeve: Using the subject line as the body of a posting.
The question itself makes a good subject line since it was short and direct. The only thing more thomasnodoubt would have done differently is to REPEAT the subject line in the body. No real need in that, I think.

[paragraph removed][/quote]

you could try googling the owners name along with the model of aircraft. the N number works too if you knew the new one or vice versa to do a check on another plane. Sometimes you get a link that scrolls down to the “old” N number and you’ll find the serial number there.

Off-Topic: Several of us who have been around a few months and written more than our rightful share of postings notice that ‘New Members’ are often not aware of the niceties of posting etiquette. We KNOW the ‘New Members’ are unaware of the Search feature and, hence, post a lot of repetitive questions that have been fully answered in earlier forum topics. We ourselves are not bashful in telling them of the errors of their ways. We tend to become a bit fussy about having everyone observe proper form in the Forums.

It strikes me that we oldsters overdo this a bit. Sure, I grit my teeth after the fourth topic in a week asks the difference between blue lines and green lines on the map. However, our responses to them, in pointing out that they should read the FAQs, often sound darned unfriendly. If there needs to be a member policing of the forum, it ought to be a helpful policing. Otherwise, we oldsters easily become an intimidating force and discourage new members from wanting to attempt a second posting. Any forum continually needs to attract new posters. Otherwise, the forum will serve only an elitist core.

I don’t suggest that we abandon attempts to maintain proper netiquette here, but I’d like to see a friendlier tone to our own comments. In other words, lighten up a bit, guys.

Here Here Tobyz1!! I agree, besides even us “oldsters” overlook things like giant bold blue letters… ( I still can’t believe I missed your comment in the features thread…) :wink:

Agreed. :slight_smile:

Hey, (oldster) guys, at least my note seems not to have gotten anyone really ticked off at me. A small victory of spirit. :smiley:

I like giant bold blue letters. They are good — when their use is limited to the proper context.

Whatcha mean??? Everybody’s looking up your home address on Google Earth at this very moment! Watch out for the flour bombs! :slight_smile: <-obligatory smiley

BTaylor, that’s why I suggested “The ULTIMATE Search” – so that I could find out which plane dropped that 500 pounds of flour on my roof. :laughing:

Note that I also accept pizza by e-mail. My new highest-tech printer has a microwave-warmer output tray for those 3-D attachments.

It wasn’t me, but gosh it looks so peaceful from up here, just like a winter wonderland!!! Not too late to put the plastic santa and reindeer back up there ya know! (not to start trouble but I think I spotted BTaylor flying VFR in the vicinity…bombs away!!) :laughing:

Check your email…Poppa John’s large “the works” is on it’s way. Make sure you’ve got plenty of printer ink…don’t want to stint on the toppings! :laughing: