Hey Pilots, I got a question....

What’s with the “Hot Cookies” at the FBO’s? Is this literal or are we talkin some insider code for something else? :wink: Just curious. TIA.

FBOs have Fresh Coffee.
Some have Hot Cookies, others just have regular or even stale cookies.
Most also have popcorn for the hungry & poor freight dogs. Some still have wonderful boxes of candy or chocolate.

It’s just straight forward marketing and after a visit or two they have names.

Otis Spunkmeyer cookies are often available at the better FBOs.

Depends on where you are. Some have hoot cookies and some have hot cookies … nudge, nudge, wink, wink

www.fbohotties.com

hoot cookies can i get some if i go north of the border. ha ha

In the late 70’s a Dallas Texas FBO was busted for offering Hot Cookies to the corporate jet pilots who were regulars.

Frank Holbert
160knots.com

what the hell were they putting in those cookies?? something to make you fail a UA?? :stuck_out_tongue:

No UA’s in the good old days.
I heard it was Tulsa, but in those days I hardly ever got out of California so what do I know. These were supposed to be the kind of Hot Cookies you put something into, not the other way around…
:smiling_imp:

…and others have not-so-fresh coffee, whilst others make it so thin, I have to drop a tea bag into the cup. (I’m one of those who insists that coffee is not a beverage to be drunk, but rather a dish to be eaten with a knife and fork when properly prepared).

Most also have popcorn for the hungry & poor freight dogs.

I heard “They” (say it like you know the pronoun “They” absolutely must be capitalized — and put your foil hat back on!) will be serving nothing but ice cubes from now on. :smiling_imp:

Some still have wonderful boxes of candy or chocolate.

“They” also found those Tootsie Rolls in the litter box! :open_mouth:

It’s just straight forward marketing and after a visit or two they have names.

At least one of which is named Bob…

I remember Lance’s vending machines…worst and cheapest possible items in their machines…they were all over Iowa…

fbo hotties???

Umm… Maybe I was to subtle?? I wasn’t talking about the actual stuff given away but the other stuff that can be had; and names would not be BOB! Names are Liz, Suzie, Brittany ect… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :exclamation:

still try to get reply in right place. the whole damn post was funny great humor in this one. fingers are typing brain is off line. wow got this in the right spot dont I??? :question: :question: :blush:

HAHA!!! I LOVE IT!
That was dinner every night when I landed at the charlie brown airport in Fulton Co ATL. That and the lemonade. And for desert I had Jolly Ranchers from the front desk. Man I miss the days of getting paid less then the fry cook at McDonald’s all while flying threw lvl 3-4 TS (no wx radar) just turn the cockpit light on bright and wear your sunglasses (so you’re not blinded by the lighting flashes) .

No firsthand experience, so to speak, but I suspect not. More like, uh, rentals from downtown…? Like I said it was all rumor as far as i was concerned.