the pride of Washington State
and the heart of Wazz

someone is bored

End of line!! No Haiku For You Cutie!! :smiley: :smiley:

Mark 8)

slips the surly bonds
as slender gulfstream wings glint
severe clear dawning

Why do Allen and I have different smiley faces? Is it because he’s a boy and I’m a man?

Frank Holbert
160knots.com

You’re too cute Frank!! 8) 8)

I hear that a lot from attractive women.

That and; “Can I make you breakfast before I go?”

Oh gawd…this may be locked down before it even rotates! :laughing:

someones up early

For Satine

Reclining photo
Got all of the boys worked up
Oh we love boobies

:open_mouth: :blush: :unamused:

My apologies to all!

Accident report from the Three Way thread that was locked.

You’re welcome to skip to the last sentence.

NTSB Identification: WPR09LA079
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Monday, January 12, 2009 in Corona, CA
Aircraft: BEECH 95-A55, registration: N9694Y
Injuries: 1 Uninjured.
This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.

On January 12, 2009, about 1215 Pacific standard time, a Beech 95-A55, N9694Y, departed the runway during takeoff and collided with two parked airplanes and a hangar at Corona Municipal Airport (AJO), Corona, California. The pilot was operating the airplane under the provisions of 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91. The certificated private pilot was not injured; the airplane sustained substantial damage. The personal flight was departing Corona with a planned destination of Phoenix, Arizona. Visual instrument meteorological conditions prevailed, and no flight plan had been filed.

The National Transportation Safety Board investigator-in-charge (IIC) interviewed the pilot the day following the accident. The pilot stated that he began the takeoff sequence from runway 07, and once the airplane reached an altitude of approximately 20 feet agl it began to bank to the right. He further stated that the engines made a sound that did not appear to correlate with the typical sound of full engine power. He assumed that the right turn was caused by a loss of power from the right engine. He stated that there was a crosswind at the time, and that this may have exasperated the banking tendency.

The airplane subsequently collided with a parked Navion and a Cessna 182. The accident airplane and the Cessna 182 continued about 60 feet across the ramp, both coming to rest against a hangar.

A witness located at a fuel tank adjacent to the runway midpoint stated that he looked up after hearing the sound of, ‘engines running at full power.’ He observed the airplane flying at an altitude of about 20 feet agl and believed it was performing an aborted landing. He then observed the airplane enter a steep right bank, and pass behind a building and beyond his view. He then heard the sound of a collision. He stated that the winds prior to the accident were gusty, and that throughout the day he observed the windsock swing back and forth between the runway heading and an angle perpendicular to the runway.

The closest official weather observation station was located at Corona. An aviation routine weather report for was issued for AJO at 1156. It stated: winds from 080 degrees at 10 knots gusting to 20 knots; visibility 10 miles; skies clear; temperature 28 degrees Celsius; dew point minus 4 degrees Celsius; altimeter 30.20 inches of mercury.

The pilot stated that he had amassed a total flight time in multiengine airplanes of 45 hours, and that he did not possess a multiengine rating.

Frank Holbert
160knots.com

Haha! Perfect Haiku Form!
:laughing: :smiley:

Jealosy of my youthfulness in a public forum gets you nowhere Frank. :smiling_imp:

Couldn’t be better.

Thanks Satine for starting this thread, the trouble maker you are :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Satine

Satine roars
never bores
always will soar

For those that don’t know.
Haiku: A Japanese poetry form consisting of 3 lines with a total of 17 syllables. The first line has 5 syllables, the second line has 7 syllables, and the last line has
5 syllables. Does not have to rhyme.

FlightAware is great
There’s no other flight tracker
can ever beat it

Many forms of haiku as I looked before my lame attempt at my first haiku.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku_in_English

It’s a wiki reference of course only as accurate as it’s authors that contribute to it. Note examples such as

lily:
    out of the water
    out of itself

Which I used to pattern my lame attempt.

I didn’t know that. Doing more research than just the Wikipedia entry, I found that English haiku can be something other than 5-7-5 syllables. I don’t think that makes it real haiku, though.

I love haiku in the original, non-bastardized version of 5-7-5 syllables. My feeling is that if it isn’t 5-7-5 then it is just free form poetry. That doesn’t take half the thought to make as does making sure you get your point across in exactly 17 syllables.

Here’s a random haiku generator: cs.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/haiku- refresh the page for more examples.