FlightAware Discussions

GPS Is Not Running(Not Tracking Any Satellites)

I developed a similar issue last week and after every 12th hour or so, as I observed, the FlightFeeder is not able to track satellites. MLAT and ADS-B reception stays unaffected.

However, whenever I reboot the FlightFeeder, or after leaving it in the same status for an hour, the issue isn’t apparent. I do not suspect antenna fault. There were no loose connectors. Similar to INDR4N1L, the height was increased five feet but on the same mast. No location change was made.

Please contact our support team to troubleshoot this issue with you: adsbsupport@flightaware.com

Didn’t get a satisfactory response from the support team, hence turned towards the forum.

1 Like

Hey, I started having the same issue lately. Gps stopped working.
I unscrewed the connector pin at the bottom end of the antenna and found some oxidation.
I applied WD-40 and cleaned the connector pins.
But i didn’t open the antenna itself.
Do you suggest me to do the same? if yes, How should i remove the antenna covering??

Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply. I did not open the bottom end, except removed the white tube cover by twist it left and right. Cleaned the bottom inner part by wd40 and cotton buds. Sealed it again with the new silicon sealant, weather proof type.

Thanks for the reply.
I did the same.
I opened the casing of the antenna but didn’t find much oxidation, it was more at the connector pins though.
Yet, i applied WD-40 and cleaned the soldered joints.
But the GPS is totally dead like before and even radio is malfunctioning.

I have emailed to support team seeking for a replacement unit.
Waiting for a response.

I’m facing same problem after I relocated and increased antenna hight.Restoring to original location, hight did not hv any result .Now,no GPS,no aircrafts seen Completely dead with red indicator on continuously.rebooting too did not help.
I need help
VU2ABU, mangalore,india

Write a mail to adsbsupport@flightaware.com, they will be able to help you with your flightfeeder.