For those worried about getting their IoT devices hacked...

There has been a lot news lately concerning Internet of Things (IoT) devices getting hacked that I thought I would share a piece of knowledge that might help ease the fears.

iotscanner.bullguard.com/

By going to this web site, it will scan Shodan to see if your public IP and any available open ports are being advertised on the Shodan search engine. Shodan is a search engine for the Internet of Things and allows users to find devices that are publicly accessible on the internet, and which may be vulnerable to hackers.

If you are not on Shodan, that’s a great sign. Now, if you want to see how well you are protected, go visit

pentest-tools.com/network-vulne … nline-nmap

Enter your public IP address, use the default settings, and it will return all of the currently open ports on your network.

If you have any questions about either one of these services, please let me know.

Best bet is to not use any Warsaw Pact or Soviet computers to check your vulnerabilities :slight_smile: pentest is in Romania I believe.

I have port 80 open for my piaware to see the live map, is that bad? Also how can i turn the dot of my location off the web interface?

Funny that it reckons I have 5060 open (used for VoIP SIP) and I know I don’t …

And it didn’t pick up the ports I do have open …

Best bet is to not use any Warsaw Pact or Soviet computers to check your vulnerabilities

Warsaw Pact hasn’t exited since 1991 according to Wikipedia. Many of those countries are now part of NATO (including Romania).

So perhaps consider them on “our side” now?