Flüge beginnen nicht am Flugplatz

Hi,
obwohl ich einen raspberry pi an meinem Flugplatz installiert habe, sehe ich alle meine eigenen Flüge (ich fliege selber) immer erst in der Luft, so ab 2500-4000ft weit weg vom Flugplatz beginnend, also nie am Flugplatz. Dasselbe gilt für Landungen.
Das liegt möglicherweise daran, dass der Transponder aktiv von der Flugüberwachung mittels Sekundär-Radar abgefragt wird, d.h. ansonsten selber nicht sendet. Wenn das so richtig ist, gibt es eine Möglichkeit der Verbesserung (z.B. am Flugplatz selber periodisch ein schwaches Abfragesignal mit geringer Reichweite senden)? Gibt es dafür schon eine Lösung? Ich könnte mal den Squawk-Ident-Knopf versuchen…
Gruß
Sylvio

The question is what kind of transponder you are using.
ModeS transponders will require MLAT to get a location which in turn requires 4 receivers located at least 1 km apart from each other.

If you have an ADS-B transponder the issue could be the gain of the receiver being set too high.

Google translate of first post of this thread:

Hi,
even though I have installed a raspberry pi at my airport, I always see all my own flights (I fly myself) first in the air, starting from 2500-4000ft away from the airport, so never at the airport. The same goes for landings.
This is possibly due to the fact that the transponder is actively interrogated by the air surveillance by means of secondary radar, i.e. otherwise do not send yourself. If this is correct, is there an opportunity for improvement (eg send a weak interrogation signal with low range periodically at the airport itself)? Is there already a solution for this? I might even try the squawk id button…
Greetings
Sylvio

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.