FlightXML2 JSON REST Client for Ruby

I have been working on a RESTful implementation for Ruby. If anyone would like to review/contribute/use feel free, it is hosted github.com/auzroz/flightxml2-jsonclient-ruby as well as being available as a gem

gem install FlightXML2RESTDriver

That’s great work. Any objections to us publishing a mention of it on our examples page?

By all means! Issue requests are welcomed.

Hey, I know it’s a few years later, but I just opened an AWS server with Ruby 2.0 on it. Ran the command to install the gem, that installed fine, but when I run ./test.rb, I get an error message in the kernal… it can’t find the gems… /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:135:in require': cannot load such file -- ./FlightXML2RESTDriver.rb (LoadError) from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:135:in rescue in require’
from /usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:144:in `require’

I have opened up a ticket regarding your post. I will get back with you as soon as I hear back from our team.

Stephen, I’ve been playing with this a bit more. I’ve noticed a couple things… 1) The require syntax is a little off… The require syntax from the github example works better [ flightxml2-client-ruby/example.rb at master · flightaware/flightxml2-client-ruby · GitHub ]. This may just be a result of how I set up my ruby environment. the example on the documentation page [ requires ‘./FlightXML2RESTDriver.rb’ ] , but the gem installer doesn’t install to the current directory. 2) Since I’m using linux, I had to add a couple things to make this work… [ sudo yum groupinstall ‘Development Tools’ ] for a gcc & c++ compiler. Gems: json and rest-client. Lastly, now that I have it working, it looks like my credential provides me access to FlightXML3, not FlightXML2… so that’s a different issue.