FlightFeeder v8.0 Beta Open!

@RoccoRodriguez This pertains to FlightFeeders only. You are running PiAware and on the latest version already.

SN: 13252 H9 I’m interested on the Beta

@vinigtx You have been upgraded

FlightFeeder sn 12749
TF card is damaged, please upgrade again

@gaoben 12749 has been upgraded

Please see image below, S/N12104 was updated on the 11th… and notice the drop of MLAT traffic reported after?

Air traffic is pretty low so there will be times where MLAT can’t sync, but I find it strange that reported positions have dropped this much? Is it related to the update? This is in South Africa so lockdown rules have not changed air traffic numbers that much over this time period.

MLAT is showing mostly as RED however I have seen it GREEN a few times yesterday. But still 0 positions reported?

1 Like

I also noticed the decrease in traffic. And in my opinion this is not a seasonal phenomenon, but a strong filtering in the new software.

@summeradsb I remote accessed the FlightFeeder and saw some unstable clock messages. I gave it a reboot and and it seems to be receiving an uptick of MLAT messages now. Keep an eye on it and let me know if you continue to see issues.

Awesome thankyou, early days yet but I’d say it is sorted now. MLAT numbers are climbing back up to where they were before.

SN: 11151 (G10), interested in Beta

@Somanadh Your FlightFeeder is upgraded

Yes please

SITE 135394
SITE 140010

Thank you.

Your Sites are PiAware sites and are on the latest 4.0 version.

7730 please. I am interested

Please upgrade site 11929. Thanks!

Look please S/N 5158

mlat issue here.

[2020-12-01 07:21 EST] mlat-client(18081): ImportError: importlib requires posix or nt

assuming I need to do a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt install posix? [or nt?]

You have a piaware install, not a FlightFeeder.
I’m also not sure quite how you broke mlat-client … what exactly is your system?

Remember… Jesus saves and so should you!!! (Axiom of computer guru’s everywhere… )
Perhaps make a copy of your current card so if/when it fails, you’ll be able to revert quickly!

G

My bad. Thanks for the clarification.
I need to get back in touch with my system and maybe give it a refresh or new sd card.
No idea how I broke it. I haven’t modified the settings since the setup a few months back.

I’m running a pi2b+, had to set crontab to 2x daily restarts because of it freezing. I fear it the board may be seeing end of life soon. yeah

If it persists I might just transition off of the pi and onto my ubuntu server or one of my other systems