Flightaware to VRS - No MLAT data

@wiedehopf
By the way did you have a look at my two Dogs? :slight_smile:

Dog 1 and Dog 2

I briefly scrolled by them and was amazed by all the canine related names.

That shouldn’t really be a problem.
If you feel like shenanigans you can take a look at my take on combining multiple receivers in another dump1090-fa instance that doesn’t interfere with the main install. (at least it shouldn’t :slight_smile: )
Also very minimal, can’t harvest grain though: GitHub - wiedehopf/combine1090: Combine data from multiple ADS-B receivers into one readsb decoder / tar1090 webinterface
Should work well to combine all the data from your multiple receivers into one view. (It uses dump1090-fa for display purposes though don’t know what you fancy)

Ok, I will now:

• Install Raspbian Stretch x86 in Virtual Machine on Windows Desktop.
  • Install dump1090-fa in it.
  • Try your combiner in it, and combine outputs of dumps of two RPi and one dump of Str x86

Tried on Stretch x86 which has dump1090-mutability. Did not work.

Will now uninstall dump1090-mutability, install dump1090-fa, and then try your combine script again

Yeah it relies on dump1090-fa, i’ll build in a check for that.
(it takes care of starting a second instance (net-only), so if you run another dump1090 locally it doesn’t screw with your MLAT)

Well for me the amazing thing is their tiny size (405 Mb & 242 Mb), while these contain all the ingredients of regular Ubuntu Bionic and Debian Stretch. Also during use, you dont feel as if computer is slow, or freezing.

Another amazing thing about these Dogs is their speed, both in normal use and when booting. These Dogs boot pretty fast, about 2 ~ 3 minutes on my machine, when booting from a USB Flash / Pendrive.