FlightAware ADS-B receiver equipment be for sale to buy it?

Wondering if the FlightAware ModeS/ADS-B/MLAT receiver equipment will be available for sale to buy it at some point?

flightaware.com/adsb/

https://flightaware.com/adsb/images/flightaware-gen5.png

That’s something we’re talking about for early 2014. Any features in particular you’d like to see?

Lots of flashing lights and a part that makes it go “PING!”.

I think an alternationg PING, WHIR and GRIND would be wonderful…

It went “Zip” when it moved, and “Bop” when it stopped,
And “Whirrr” when it stood still…
I never knew just what it was, and I guess I never will
(with apologies in advance)

“Ah, I see you have the machine that goes ‘ping!’. This is my favorite. You see, we lease this back from the company we sold it to - that way it comes under the monthly current budget and not the capital account.”

This thread took a turn real quick. Oh well, it is Friday. We can have some fun every once and a while…

Thread hijack over

MLAT if possible?

And will this be available for international buyers?

Flag :slight_smile:

Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please.

+1

We’ll keep everyone posted as we have more info. Our engineers are actively working on this.

http://flightaware.com/adsb/flightfeeder/

Thanks for the info of the new equipment.
My question : is this a new design or are you using a modified commercial receiver ?
(FR24 is using a modified Radarcape, which is prbabaly as good as one can get at the moment but unfortunately also very expensive)

Would very interesting to know in particularly to get a rough idea of its reliabilty and usability.

It’s a FlightAware design, not a re-branded device.

Next week, we will begin shipping ones to the areas without coverage to folks that have applied.

In late January, they’ll be available for sale and immediate shipping.

Thanks for the update!

For sale in the US only or internationally?

Initially, it will be available for shipping to ~60 countries with payment in USD, buyer pays shipping from the US. Later in 2014, we will likely offer a few currencies and shipping from other continents.

Any updates? I just applied for FlightFeeder hardware and is waiting. Keeping my fingers crossed :slight_smile:

I got a notification from UPS yesterday that mine has just been shipped, to the furthest south-eastern point in Europe, so they’re on the move :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And it’s here, and installed in a couple of hours. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is the FlightFeeder available for purchase? The FlightFeeder webpage says it will be sold starting in April 2014, but even when I click the order/request button, there is no price listed and it asks for my coordinates and talks about prioritizing the free ones. I don’t think my location would be a high priority (northeast USA), but if the price is right I might be interested in just buying one outright.