FlightAirMap - watching Your live Data next Level

have fun with flightairmap :slight_smile:

:+1: :ok_hand: :clap:

1 Like

1 Like

How do you open the information window showing the flight number?

mostly by accident on slower computers :slight_smile:

1 Like

stumbled over a bug in FlightAirMap: Gigabytes of Excessive Log-Writes to SD-Card · Issue #366 · Ysurac/FlightAirMap · GitHub this could lead to excessive writes to sd-card - so please update:

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/flightairmap.service

replace the existing content with the following lines (maybe you have to alter the path ‘/var/www/html/flightairmap/scripts/daemon-spotter.php’ to match your setup)

[Unit]
Description=FlightAirMap
Requires=mysql.service
After=mysql.service

[Service]
ExecStart=/var/www/html/flightairmap/scripts/daemon-spotter.php
Restart=always
RestartSec=10
StandardOutput=null
StandardError=null

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

save the altered flightairmap.service file and restart the pi => done :slight_smile:

1 Like

A380 over lake constance heading alps

2 Likes

don’t see a problem there - you need php (better version 7) and mysql, mariadb or postgres

nothing to loose - install php, mysql and lighttpd → then follow my howto

no problem - just on the very last step when you run the flightairmapinstall-script you have to use the real ip of your pi instead 127.0.0.1

yes - you don’t need dump1090 on your notebook

Hi, I read about your update recently. I am using osx, php7 and mysql to install. I have several questions to ask you.

1. Do I need to install lighttpd?
  2. Could you please offer more info about how install FlightAirMap on Mac? I stopped at the install page on localhost, and have no idea how to step forward.
    Thank you so much.

This guide isn’t mean for OS X, it’s meant for installation on your Raspberry Pi.

I’m sure it’s possible to install on OS X but you will have to figure it out yourself unless someone here really wants to troubleshoot.
Anyway the data gathering is meant to run 24/7, so installing it on a dedicated computer is more useful.
You can still use it on OS X by accessing it via the web page it provides even if you install it on a Raspberry Pi.

the author of the thread also linked this installation guide : Raspbian · Ysurac/FlightAirMap Wiki · GitHub

I’m having trouble with the Populate step. Can anyone help me out?

Seems like you maybe didn’t specify your receiver correctly?

From the wiki on the project (ADS B · Ysurac/FlightAirMap Wiki · GitHub):

You only need to set the IP and of your receiver in the FlightAirMap install page. Use the TCP BaseStation output port (30003) or if it’s not available RAW output port (30002).

Clean install of Ubuntu on a laptop.
Followed the Debian install guide which works with no extra commands needed to be added. (ie, I did not get creative!).

Flightairmap is thus up and running.

What I am missing and need a little help with is my source statistics.
Its been running now for 14 hours and I don’t see any of my dump1090 statistics in flightairmap.

I have been very careful to name my source location the same as my 1090 source name.

What am I missing?
Has anyone got their source stats going?

What did you configure where?

I’m not familiar with FlightAirMap but maybe i can spot a problem.

If i understand this page (ADS B · Ysurac/FlightAirMap Wiki · GitHub) correctly you need to put in the IP address and port.

After looking a little closer, i don’t think the install guide in this thread works anymore.

You should probably follow the install/configuration guide:
_ Installation · Ysurac/FlightAirMap Wiki · GitHub
_ Configuration · Ysurac/FlightAirMap Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

Yes, I have the dump 1090 source IP address and port configured correctly and am seeing planes as expected.

I also have the source location configured correctly and it shows on the map correctly.

As per the install directions ’ For working source statistics, the name of the source MUST be the same as the source name of a source location’

I have been very careful to do exactly this, both are named the same.

I just don’t see where to see my source statistics.