Flight info for Shuttle Endeavor to LAX in Sep/Oct '12?

Does anyone have any information about the piggyback flight path when the Space Shuttle Endeavor flies into LAX this September? I’ve seen lots of reporting about the ground path from LAX to the California Science Center, but I don’t care about that.

There was plenty of information published ahead of time about the Washington DC path for Discovery so people could plan and stake out a good spot to watch, but the information about Endeavor seems so sparse I can barely confirm the day they plan to fly (spoiler: the link above says Thursday, September 20th, 2012 is the predicted flight date).

…what do you want to know…? – …the southern runways will be used – that is the word from the inside…
Supposedly plane will be making a huge “fly-over” up north in California…over cities…before landing at LAX…

Is there a flight info to track flight on FlightAware?

If these flights are being handled as a military operation (as space shuttle discovery was) then there will be nothing to see on flightaware.

flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA … /KTTS/KGPT
flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA … /KGPT/KEFD
Maybe one of the chase planes today?

Even if there isn’t a full flight path to track, for the NYC trip they published the order and approximate times the duo would pass by various landmarks to people could watch it fly by. That’s exactly what I want to do, but for some reason the news coverage is totally different for this trip in that they aren’t saying, “it will fly by Griffith Observatory, Santa Monica Pier, etc etc”. Now that we’re really close to crunch time has anyone seem more information yet?

Here’s what I’ve found so far, but it isn’t great for LA people to figure out where they should watch from (also I can’t find a good source so I could be wrong, feel free to correct me):

2012-09-20: Flight into Edwards AFB, no useful flybys anywhere else
2012-09-21: Take off Edwards, flyby at Moffett Field in the San Francisco Bay Area, then back to Edwards.
2012-09-22: Flight from Edwards to LAX

The LA Times had plenty of specifics this morning in their story. The Google is your friend.

final shuttle over cape kennedy
flickr.com/photos/nasahqphot … otostream/
farm9.staticflickr.com/8451/8004 … 5491_o.jpg

chase plane

flickr.com/photos/nasahqphot … otostream/

She just flew over my building at work in Sacramento! I’ll get pics up a bit later. Also, she was covered on Norcal’s LiveATC feed, so you should be able to catch it on the LAX Tower feed.

BL.

I believe the SCA callsign was NASA95 heavy today (liveatc.net/listen.php)…
The SCA shot the first low app to the North Complex at about 1857Z then shot the second low app at about 1940Z w/the full stop at 1950Z or so…use the LiveATC.net archives to see if you can make out the xmsns…they are a bit garbled in the 1830Z-1900Z feed. 1930Z-2000Z is much clearer…

Yes. It landed on Friday september 21 after being delayed a day for take off in florida because of bad weather in Houston. On the 12 and 13 of October, the shuttle will move 12 miles though LA city streets from LAX to the California Science Center where the exhibit will be opened on the 20th. Space Shuttle Endeavor Fly Overs On a 747 ~ Last Moments of Flight in Los Angeles - YouTube