Flight Air Maps install on Separate Pi3 Stretch

Scroll down to the bottom where is shows Script to Install using Lighttpd and MariaDB

these two commands in the guide are for setting the root password and creating the database.

> update mysql.user set password=password('YOUR_DB_PASSWORD') where user='root';
   > CREATE DATABASE `flightairmap`; 

Sounds to me like the database is already created.
Also it tells you the user is root and the password is whatever you put in there. (if you just copy pasted then it should also be obvious what the password currently set is)

1 Like

The first time you run this you need to put in the admin user as root and the admin password you set up. These also need to go in the boxes for the user. It will then populate the tables.

Then exit and try the software. When you go back into install, you will only see the entries for the user but it should remember those.

That is what happened for me anyway.

1 Like

There are a host of other things that will likely fail along the way but you can got through the install (what should really have been called setup IMHO) again and disable anything that doesn’t work (assuming it isn’t something you want of course).

This is what I get; Error : error : SQLSTATE[HY000] [1698] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’

enter this command in terminal:
sudo mysql -u root -p
enter the password you entered last time you did this

what do you get?

If you get access denied you will need to go through the password reset tutorial I sent you the other day.

1 Like