FlightAware Discussions

Feeder page not loading after 5.0 update

Everything seemed to go smoothly on my update but now my feeder page won’t load reliably. The background loads (no map or plane info) with the correct time and date but I just get a spinning circle. I’ve rebooted my Pi and still the same thing. From the CLI everything seems to be working with the dump1090-fa & piaware processes and I’m receiving messages. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Check the lighttpd log and put it on pastebin:
Debug commands · wiedehopf/adsb-wiki Wiki · GitHub

If you have tar1090 installed then you’re affected by an unfortunate software interaction, rerunning the tar1090 install will fix the issue.

I’m not running tar1090. Thanks for posting the debug commands… it does seem like there’s an issue going on with lighttpd:

Installing it would be one solution :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyhow fixing the above issue works like this:

sudo mv -f /etc/lighttpd/conf-available/89-dump1090-fa.conf.dpkg-dist /etc/lighttpd/conf-available/89-dump1090-fa.conf
sudo systemctl restart lighttpd

Did you ever modify the that file? /etc/lighttpd/conf-available/89-dump1090-fa.conf
Really puzzled why it would happen.
Do you have other stuff insalled?

@obj Honestly i’d consider putting the above command in the postinstall for dump1090-fa and damn the consequences … people who modify that file can modify it again :slight_smile:
That would at least mean all those installs don’t just stop working.
Or at the very least overwrite the file in your unattended update function.
Otherwise this stream of threads won’t stop any time soon i suspect.
Another solution would be not exposing the new skyaware at :8080 but rather use a different port …

Hmm at the very least maybe make a thread describing the issue and listing this command as a solution.
Or rather 2 threads with the solution and pin them in general and ADS-B?

So I didn’t know about tar1090 until now… but it looks cool and will install it now.

I may have modified that file but nothing stands out on why I would. Doesn’t mean I didn’t muck with something I wasn’t supposed to though :upside_down_face:

Thanks so much!

EDIT:
Actually I shouldn’t have hit reply just yet. Getting an error on that first command:

Interesting.
Oh i didn’t look at lighttpd properly, it’s working fine. (setenv error isn’t fatal)
After probably 5 users all having the same issue with lighttpd … had a bit of tunnel vision.

Thus you can check the developer console when you get the spinning wheel:
How to Open the Developer Console – Support

Make a screenshot of that console an post it here, be sure to select the console tab after opening that dev thing via F12.

Or you can also check if there is anything abnormal in the dump1090-fa log.
Debug commands · wiedehopf/adsb-wiki Wiki · GitHub

After a little more digging it appears to only happen to me on Firefox desktop. It works for me on Chrome on my laptop and all browsers on my iPhone. I’m wondering if there’s something conflicting with an extension. Thanks for the help :slightly_smiling_face: