Fa-grafana - Dockerized Grafana Dashboards

I have it working fine on two RPi3+.

One running PiAware (SD Card) 3.8.1. The other running PiAware (Debian Package Add-on) 3.8.1.

1 Like

Working fine on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model A Plus Rev 1.0 running PiAware 3.8.0

Good work!

1 Like

Got it running on my Pi 3B+. There were a few conflicts I had to manually fix, but I think most of those were my fault.

1 Like

Noticed for the first time today that there is no aircraft range data showing up:

Not sure what the issue is or how to resolve it.

EDIT: a Pi reboot fixed the problem and range is now being reported again. The issue is still worthy of a mention though.

@timothydykstra82 Appreciate you pointing that out. If you or anyone sees any other issues, please use docker-compose logs -f to see if there is anything obvious going on. I will keep an eye out for this issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hassle free install on PI4 with Buster and flightaware 3.8.1 Debian Package Add On.
Only problem is no signal level data, am using Airspy R2

:+1: :+1: :+1:

CLICK ON IMAGE TO SEE LARGER SIZE
CLICK AGAIN TO SEE FULL SIZE

pi@piaware:~/fa-grafana $ sudo docker-compose up -d
dump1090exporter is up-to-date
prometheus is up-to-date
grafana is up-to-date  
pi@piaware:~/fa-grafana $ git log
commit 3a554037d1237d7d23094123d94da059c0f2c4cd (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: Eric Tran <eric.tran@flightaware.com>
Date:   Tue Apr 14 17:19:25 2020 +0000

Always restart grafana and prometheus containers if Docker daemon is stil up

Nice addon! Saw your last commits right now. Is there a easy way to update an existing Installation?
Thanks

Yes, you’ll need to stop the docker containers, git pull, and start up containers again.

sudo docker-compose stop
git pull
sudo docker-compose up -d

Let me know if you see any issues

Thank you - this is great! I’ve been running grafana/graphite in docker for about a year, collecting FA stats but it’s a cobbled mess and less than portable. Looking forward to installing this

1 Like

git pull die not work because of changes at my .env file. I managed that by myself then…

after i tried to run
sudo bash -c "$(curl -sS https://raw.githubusercontent.com/flightaware/fa-grafana/master/install.sh)"
it replies with
bash: 500:: command not found

what’s the solution? :slight_smile:

@LVONL Github is having some issues at the moment GitHub Status - Incident on 2020-04-21 15:45 UTC

Try again in a bit when it’s resolved

1 Like

Github is working again.

I’ve installed it, but now it seems to get no data.

On the :3000 page each table says “N/A”.

Do i need to change something?

in the .env file i set ip to ‘127.0.0.1’ it should get the data from: http://127.0.0.1/dump1090-fa/data/aircraft.json

@LVONL Is that URL returning the json data? You’ll need to use the IP address of the Pi as if you were accessing SkyAware.

OK.

When i try 127.0.0.1:8080 → it says: Problem fetching data from dump1090.
AJAX call failed (error: Forbidden). Maybe dump1090 is no longer running?
The displayed map data will be out of date.

When i try http://127.0.0.1/dump1090/ or http://127.0.0.1/dump1090-fa/ i got the map with planes.

So I need to set one of the two above in the .env file? the whole link? including /dump1090/?

@LVONL

I have set it like this:

pi@piaware:~/fa-grafana $ nano .env

NOTE: 192.168.0.21 is IP of my Pi, and I use this address to SSH to Pi.

# This file contains environment variables referenced in the docker-compose.yml 

# Set HOST_IP to your Pi's local IP (no quotes)
HOST_IP=192.168.0.21

######## Grafana Settings - configurable settings ######### 

# enable/disable login
DISABLE_LOGIN=false 

# default Grafana port
GRAFANA_PORT=3000 

# username and password
GRAFANA_USERNAME=admin
GRAFANA_PASSWORD=flightaware 

# light or dark mode
GRAFANA_THEME=light 
1 Like

Super cool, glad to see this! I’ve had my dump1090 in Grafana for years already but using Prometheus which is way too heavyweight. How are you dealing with timeseries storage?

Got it up and running in no time on pi4 2gb config with 3.8.1 packages on a buster base install. Way to go @eric1tran & FA staff!

1 Like