email problem

For a few weeks now, my account has a red header saying “Your email address has a problem. Please update your email address.” But my email address is correct. And I’ve gone through my account settings and verified everything. Any ideas?

Could your mailbox be full? Perhaps there is a size limit.

Try sending yourself a mail from someone else’s computer and account to see if it gets through.

Gary

On August 23, we tried to send you an email and your server rejected it as spam:

552 5.2.0 GHif1m00p1j83Q801HifAR IB212 msg rejected as spam (in reply to end of DATA command)

I’ve cleared the bounce flag on your account, but your server may be too aggressively refusing email on your behalf.

I had a similar problem recently, and it had to do with Yahoo updating its email system. Somehow when they updated, it started forwarding my email to a former email address of mine, one I haven’t used in over 10 years and no longer exists. This was causing all of my emails to return to sender.

I found out that flightaware’s emails had been put on my spam list. I removed it from the list and no longer have the notification on my screen. Thanks everyone!

There have been some recent ‘upgrades’ to yahoo.com, the effects of which brought this to mind:
Ya·hoo
[yah-hoo, yey-, yah-hoo]
noun, plural Ya·hoos.

1. (in Swift’s Gulliver’s Travels ) one of a race of brutes, having the form and all the vices of humans, who are subject to the Houyhnhnms.
  2. ( lowercase ) an uncultivated or boorish person; lout; philistine; yokel.
  3. ( lowercase ) a coarse or brutish person.
    Origin:
    coined by Swift in Gulliver’s Travels (1726)