El Catey Int'l - MDCY

This is the newest airport in Dominican Republic, located in Samana, in the Northeast of the contry.
Why Flightaware does not shows this airport and its activity?
El Catey Int’l is only 1 year old and it have flights to 9 destinations in Europe, 4 to Canada and in December it will have to San Juan.

Why Flightaware doesn’t shows MDCY Airport activity?? :question:

ohh and hi everyboddy! :smiley:

flightaware.com/about/faq.rvt#intl

that doesnt answer my question because MDCY has flight from CYYZ CYUL LEMD EDDM and EDDF that are tracked by FlightAware but it does not shows :unamused:

that doesnt answer my question because MDCY has flight from CYYZ CYUL LEMD EDDM and EDDF that are tracked by FlightAware but it does not shows MDCY as a knwon airport!!!
:unamused:

Its out of flightawares cover area ,for the most part they cover us airspace and those bordering the airspace.They do not cover those airports.

I think what migssant is refering to is that most International flights can be traced from North America to their point of departure / arrivial in that an airport code is there for us to see ( ie. EDDF Frankfurt, MUVR in Cuba, MDPC in the Dominican ). And even though we cannot track flights in and out of these airports, we can get a good idea of the traffic coming and going to NA by looking at the arrivial / departure boards. And yes, they can only be tracked in North American airspace. But given it’s proximity to Puerto Rico, I would say you could track a flight almost to its destination in the Dominican.

flightaware.com/live/airport/MDPC

Is it just a matter of putting MDCY in the FA database or is there something else at work here?

Airports tracked by FlightAware in Dominican Republic:

*Santiago-Cibao: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDST
*Santo Domingo-Las Americas: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDSD
*Punta Cana Intl: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDPC
*Puerto Plata-Gregorio L.: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDPP
*La Romana Intl: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDLR
*Barahona-Maria Montez: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDBH
*Samana-Arroyo Barril: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDAB
*Santo Domingo-AB San Isidro: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDSI
*Pedernales-Cabo Rojo: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDCR
*Santo Domingo-Herrera: flightaware.com/live/airport/MDHE

Airports that are not tracked by FlightAware in Dominican Republic:

*Samana-El Catey Int’l MDCY
*Samana-El Portillo MDPO
*MonteCristi-Osvaldo Virgil MDMC
*Constanza-14 de Junio MDCZ
*Dajabon Natl MDDJ
*San Juan de la Maguana Natl MDSJ
*Sabana de la Mar Natl MDSB

There are 7 major airports in DR; Those are:

MDSD, MDPC, MDST, MDPP, MDLR, MDCY and MDBH
in this order of inportance.
As you can see all Intl airports, except MDCY, are tracked by FlightAware!

Hey guys , AA will operates flights between TJSJ and MDCY, do you think them they (FlightAware) will shows the MDCY airport as non unknown airport and will show it into the map??

Just my 2 cents worth: I would think that MDCY is covered by Santo Domingo’s ATC/FSS, just as Punta Cana is. MDPC only has a ground tower…all vectoring and air control is done from MDSI, much to everyone’s charagin! I was in Punta Cana a few years ago, and there was a veritable traffic jam over the hotel zone due to late arrivals from Europe fouling up the North American arrival traffic. One runway, with no taxiway spells trouble for traffic flow… :open_mouth: Saw a couple of serious evasive manoevers…scary!