FlightAware Discussions

dump1090 3D Viewer

I think I used these I instruction, ssh into the pi and execute the code, then add IP and your location the variable.js file.

2 Likes

1 Like

round and round and round and…

Strikr1 & Strikr2

1 Like

Thank you! So I ran the install script and edited variable.js in Nano, but to be honest I’m unsure how to proceed from here.

Just open the webpage, < local ip of the Pi>/3d/

3 Likes

Here are the instructions with the path to variable.js

3 Likes

Thank you. So I have changed the coordinates and IP address in variable.js, but when I go to the webpage all I see is stars with a few labeled dots of European airports. I really don’t know how to proceed from here to get what is captured in the screen shots above.

My apologies if this has all been covered before, but this thread is so huge and the original post seems to have nothing to do with the @bramjacobse script.

You’ll need a bing map key and add it to variable.js.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/getting-started/bing-maps-dev-center-help/getting-a-bing-maps-key

3 Likes

Thank you again sir (or ma’am). This is a screen shot of what I’m seeing now. Is this the kind of data I should expect if all is setup properly?

2 Likes

Hi, You could also add Airport names ect.

airport data

…/json/airports.json

Downloading data
http://ourairports.com/data/

Download airports.csv.

Open it with Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice and check the contents.
MyRadar 24 will not move if you register everything because there is too much volume.
Select from the 2nd line to the last line and rearrange the data with the iso_country column.
Delete all lines of unnecessary countries.

If it still seems that the amount of data is large, rearrange the data in the type column and delete lines such as heliport.

Save the data as CSV.

Convert CSV to JSON with online service
http://www.csvjson.com/csv2json

Paste the created JSON data into new text.
Add to the beginning of the line below

{
“airport”: [
Add to the last line
]
}

Save and rename to airports.json.

…/json/airports.json and overwrite it.

2 Likes

There are some more graphics options in the index.html
and a option for a Cesium.Ion.defaultAccessToken

Have fun…:slight_smile:

//ol3d.time = new Date('2019-03-20T00:00:00Z');

Cesium.Ion.defaultAccessToken = 'eyJhbGciOiJIUxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';

var viewer = ol3d.getCesiumScene();

// requestWaterMask: true add Watermask
var terrainProvider = Cesium.createWorldTerrain({requestVertexNormals: true ,requestWaterMask: true });

viewer.terrainProvider = terrainProvider;

viewer.globe.baseColor = Cesium.Color.LIGHTSKYBLUE;
viewer.globe.depthTestAgainstTerrain = true;
viewer.globe.enableLighting = true;

viewer.fog.enabled = true ;
viewer.sun = new Cesium.Sun();
viewer.sun.glowFactor = 1;

1 Like

Goodmorning ,

1 Like

@bramjacobse - I’m already feeding ADSB Exchange, but would like to set up this awesome 3-D visualization. I’ve downloaded and installed the files according to these instructions, and added my Bing Maps Key to variable.js, but when I go to /3d/ I get a 404 error. I suspect there is more I need to do, but I don’t know what it is. Might you be able to help me?