Done a fly by?

I was curious how much would it take to do a flyby of a field or some place in a cessna?

How much what, time, money, what kind of Cessna, are you a pilot and want to fly it your self or do you need to hire a pilot?
A fly by at an airport, over some open field, in a big city, how low, 500’ or lower?

F-14, any qualified Naval Aviator, Miramar, <750’

The question is rather confusing. I say that because with it being a Cessna, all certifications considered, and the airport being a public field, there really isn’t much of a difference between a ‘fly by’ and being cleared for a low approach.

BL.

Ok so In the cessna 172, what requirements would be needed to do a flyover of a place like a park or something?

500’ over any persons or property, 1000’ over any congested area.

§91.119 Minimum safe altitudes: General.

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.

(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

I knew a guy who was visiting the tower when they filmed that shot. He said it was closer than it looks in the movie.

LOVE that movie, love that scene! 8)

If you want to do some real low flying, join CASARA (Civil Air Search and Rescue Association) in Canada , or the CAP (Civilian Air Patrol) in the US.

Could you expand on what you mean? Here in the US CAP pilots (just like real military pilots) have to abide by the FARs, including Part 91.119 (minimum safe altitudes).

I know the CAP guy at my airport likes to pretend his C182 is a F-15E, but his “missions” seem to involve puttering around at 1500’ or more.

If anyone wants a career where you spend 80% of your time at 5’ AGL may I suggest:

I know the CAP guy at my airport likes to pretend his C182 is a F-15E, but his “missions” seem to involve puttering around at 1500’ or more.

[quote]
Ha!

[/quote]

When we’re doing our CASARA practice flights, we might transit at 1500’ , but we’ll drop down to 1000 and 500 to do our practicing. For SAR Actual, down to treetop plus a good safety margin isn’t unheard of to verify a sighting.

Video of onboard Hercules training, as you can see…less than 500! (Not my video, but I have been in the same situation after my window training)

youtu.be/Q7C_EEgaAJw