Does dump1090-fa install without piaware talk home to flightaware in any way?

hi,

just two short question cause i’m too lazy tonight for wireshark:

thanx
tom

I don’t think so. For sending data you will need piaware as well.

Settings are made in the config under /etc/default

1 Like

No. (Other than the obvious thing that when you fetch the packages, that request ends up in our web logs)

/etc/default/dump1090-fa

1 Like

@foxhunter @obj

thanx guys for superfast help + have a nice weekend despite all this covid19 trouble

cheers
tom

Just curious - Whats the problem with the “possible” dialing home? Since you ask here, I guess you already feeding.

is there a description/list of all possible config params/values for dump1090-fa anywhere?

Have you tried dump1090-fa --help?
Apart from that, the source code.

Anything in particular you’re looking for?

1 Like

:sweat_smile: no. yes - my brain. thanx!

Hey @TomMuc, glad to see you after a long gap. Welcome back!

Reminds me of your following how-to’s

Daily Log/E-Mail Aircraft Report directly on your RaspberryPi

Dump1090 MySQL Database Script with Alert and Filter

The Final Filter Shootout

FlightAirMap - watching Your live Data next Level

1 Like

hi abcd567. thank you. yes - once upon a time. good to see you still here - the good soul of the fa forum!
have a good one!
cheers
tom

Just in case you’re looking for some esoteric functionality like a TCP connect functionality, try one of the readsb flavors:
GitHub - Mictronics/readsb: Readsb is a Mode-S/ADSB/TIS decoder for RTLSDR, BladeRF, Modes-Beast and GNS5894 devices.
GitHub - wiedehopf/readsb: ADS-B decoder swiss knife (caution, bleeding edge segfaults :wink: (they tend to get fixed pretty fast, usually before i push to github))

Mine also has a TCP json output that will send out the state of an aircraft when a new position for that aircraft arrives with some minimum and maximum interval settings.
Some rudimentary SBS input (will not be output via beast/AVR only as SBS again, so not a converter).

1 Like

hi wiedehopf,

nope - i just wanted to make a super simple setup for home use.

but thanks for the links anyways! i’ll have a look at it and i have already seen that you have created a lot of good stuff here and on github over the last years.

cheers
tom

well done the new 4.0 map interface.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.