Difference in stats of stations nearby

In the hunt for receiving as much flights as possible, I compare the stats of nearby stations.
A station nearby shows similar results as my feeder.

When I compare my stats to another site nearby (5NMi) I see a difference I can’t explain.
Could a two yagi set up (one pointing to the East, the other to the right) on a high building give these kind of results? (Aircraft count, Coverage graph)

They’re not that far off but 5nm could certainly account for the difference. So could settings, cables, cable length, different SDRs, filters, etc. I assume you’re the one with the 2 yagis? They’re not connected to the same SDR are they?

1 Like

No I’m not the one with the two yagi’s, I was just assuming the other station was using yagi’s when I looked at its Coverage graph. But come to think of it, to me it seems rather difficult to receive that many aircraft per day in such a small receiving angle. On average, you can’t receive behind the horizon (approx 240nMi).

Roughly, I receive 2,000 aircraft/day in a 200-220NMi circle which covers a much larger area than the station with a directional reception pattern. The other station, which location is registered 5NMi away is receiving 2,300 aircraft/day.
So my next guess is that the station is using two different locations, one in the East and one further to the West.

Given the lack of mlat, this is more likely.

I found the station on Radarbox. Seems legit with only one yagi (or stacked yagi’s).

edit: here’s my RB feed

As long as you do not know the exact details of the neighbor setup, a full comparison doesn’t sense.

TNX. I am aware of that.
It is not my intention to do a full comparison, I’m just trying to understand/figure out the cause of the extra performance. Since I can’t DM the user, I just have to perform a sort reverse engineering strategy.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.