Defining icao's from code to registration and aircraft type

is it possible to add a registration and flight type to all icao?

Im here in India and not able to see any registration or aircraft type with Indian aircraft I track unless that’s their identity which its usually not.

a srilankan plane:
Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 4.12.32 PM

Any Indian plane (vistara in this case):
can’t upload 2 image files soo
it just shows the identity, ICAO and country of registration. Registration and aircraft type are blank :frowning: can it be added/fixed?

Each country does this differently, there is no standard mapping between ICAO address and registration or aircraft type. You’d need to find a data source for the aircraft that are missing. I believe the canonical source for India would be the DGCA. Here’s a starting point (but the data available there does not include ICAO address): Home | Directorate General of Civil Aviation | GoI

Alright will check that out
thanks for the help

I checked that website and it is a start but… I think this is an error with piaware. When I visit the flight page, WHATEVER Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware im able to see the aircraft type and registration for Indian flights too! Any way its possible to redirect the same to piaware users on their interface???

and I didn’t know there is a flight with the ‘WHATEVER’ identity lol

FA is limited in what they are able to include in the database that comes with dump1090-fa.

Take a look at tar1090, it has a database which is a bit more up to date, it’s compatible with dump1090-fa:
https://github.com/wiedehopf/tar1090#tar1090

Sure I’ll take a look at that

It’s compatible with the pi aware ‘os’ right? 7.2

If i knew it wasn’t compatible i wouldn’t suggest it.

But as with most software, no guarantees.

Also, on the website we are using flight-specific data from non-ADS-B sources, e.g. flightplans from ANSPs or schedule information, which can have registration and type info.