confirmation of geese ingestion US1549

confirmation of geese remains, on the inside of the engines on us air1549 the feathers have been indentified through the smithsonian DNA ID lab.

flightglobal.com/articles/20 … ngine.html

From the article:

The NTSB also reports that a surge event that occurred in the right engine of N106US two days before the accident was caused by a faulty temperature sensor which was later replaced. Investigators also verified that the provisions of an airworthiness directive specific to the CFM56-5B engines had been met by US Airways.

This should put to bed the FUD spread around by CNN on that the engines on this plane were in bad shape from a compressor stall. Not disputing that an event happened two days ago, but if investigators found that the engines were in compliance with an AD, plus they fixed the sensor, there was absolutely no doubt that these engines were in working shape.

BL.

did they find remains of their headwear:

i42.tinypic.com/4qor5y.jpg

nothing the ntsb is talking about. might want to keep that a secret, you know as to not let the terrorists geese that they might have something they can use against the americans.LOL :open_mouth: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: MAO

Here’s the problem!

The pilot of US Airways Flight 1549, which ditched into New York’s Hudson River last month, calmly radioed to air traffic controllers, “We’re going to be in the Hudson.”

Only one pilot! :unamused: :unamused:

Where is this quote from and how do they know that it was indeed the pilot?

http://www.faa.gov/data_statistics/accident_incident/1549/

Freshly released: HERE
Sully makes the statement @ 3:23 into the recording…the last call he would make.

This has me wondering… how much media hype is there going to be when he gets back to work and flying again, unless he retires… You know the media are going to want to be on that flight, let alone the applause that’s going to erupt when he announces who he is and when they land.

BL.

[quote=“tyketto”]

you think he will take branson up on his offer to be a pilot in that space venture?? i hope so.

honestly, no. I don’t think he’ll take up Branson’s offer… Virgin Galactic is no where near ready for prime time. It still needs to take off (pun intended). I think Sully will either go back to USA, or retire. Either way, he’s definitely earned the left seat (either in the plane, the golf cart, or the lawn chair with a Mai Tai next to it).

BL.

You’re just as bad as the media… THE pilot? There was TWO! That’s the whole point of me pasting that! :angry: sigh :unamused: